NT Billfish Log

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Coutta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Coutta »

For what its worth - I guess reports of no success are still useful matt?

Trolled from sail City back to bowra shoals sunday 19 july late morning. seas up to 1.5 mtrs out wide 15+ knots easterly - lots of white water. no bills raised or sighted. spotted a school of small macks chasing flying fish close in but that was all.

cheers

If we all focussed on the important things in life there would always be a long queue at the ramp!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Coutta, I think reports where no fish showed are useful, especially if you have dates and times, it might show trends, good times to avoid etc
double haul

Post by double haul »

8 to 9/8 Raised 3 on the 8 2 just south of bowra wide (the witchs nose)
Saw more fish on the sounder than on top. Hardly any bait bugger all tuna or mackies. Last fish was 2 miles east of the city, same as bowra.
9th NOTHING BUT bl..dy MACKIES, lost a dozen baits and $100+ of lures. All the bait is sitting on the bottom just north of bowra. Fish sitting on top mid water.
double haul

Post by double haul »

20/2 1 strike 2 hrs after high tide, plenty of bait on top complete lack of birds or small predators. Water clarity was dirty as fish apeared trolling along a current line with suspend sand. Fish appeared at the botom end of fenton patches aproxx 130,41.00 12,10,000. :mrgreen:
double haul

Post by double haul »

13/3 sailcity 6 strikes 3 tagged sails, have a look
http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=22020
double haul

Post by double haul »

20/3 6 strikes 1 taged 110cm length, skipping gar. 200m form last trip at the city, 2 free jumpers sighted 4 or 5 seen swimiming with tuna. 2 other boats in the area 4 fish landed between them. Saldy pecheur failed to hook up to his first. :cry:
double haul

Post by double haul »

2/4 1 raised at bowra shoals to rough to get to the city marked at least half a dozen fish sitting below tightly packed bait balls. 2nd boat showed the young buck how its done and caught 1 and riased 3 or 4.
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

i stayed bowra wide friday night. It was rough and quiet. Fished for sails Bowra wide Saturday morning. Nearly hooked one on a metal slug and a one strike on a skipping Gar no Macks either.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Holy cr.p so im not along shauno, i thought i was the only addict on this site. :rofl:
double haul

Post by double haul »

10/4 bowra inshore 1 raised.11/4 bowra wide lost count of strikes gave up watching the old man try to put a hook in the fish after 8 or 9 goes.
All up must have been 15 to 20 strikes with maybe 25 to 30 raised maybe even more. Multiple pods appearring on teasers even strikeing hooks retrived in flatout with no bait, 1 landed only to pull the hooks when i grabed the leader. Strangely this fish took a dojo way out back in the shotgun possy and was a baby compared to the rest. Next trip fresh local bait will be used instead of half rotten frozen muck. All the action was from 10am till 1pm with the bite starting when the cloud cover left.
:mrgreen:
upnorth73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by upnorth73 »

Hey DH,

heading out there with my old man tomorrow hoping to break my sailfish duck, where is Bowra wide? How was the swell/chop, looks like a very light day tomorrow breeze wise.

Cheers, Adam...
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

double haul wrote: 25 to 30 raised maybe even more. Multiple pods appearring on teasers
Someone must have been yelling pretty loudly on that boat...
Wonder if he still has any voice left?
:lol: :rofl: :wink:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

We were out there with DH all weekend, but raised SFA! Only raised one fish all weekend??? I dont know why, had the teasers, witchdoctor, skipping gars, trolled fast, slow, medium, same ground as DH, saw heaps free swimming. VERY FURKEN FRUSTRATING!!!!! :fubird: I'll be back though! :fu:

A big cheers to DH for all the advise, and showing us the ropes :drinking1: Got a few macks plus a few bazzas in the Finniss Friday.Great weekend, allbeit with a couple of monumental f@#kups! :bricks: Will post a report when I get back from the South. And remember Bretto, what happens at Dundee stays at Dundee :bonk: :rofl:
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey country, ran into a mate at the lodge sunday arvo when we pulled out. said he got a saily trolling a laser pro for mackies out there somewhere. they must me thick if their taking lures?
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Dont tell me that sh!t CB! :fubird: You're only making it worse! :roll: :banghead: