Not another dundee update

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

Not another dundee update

Post by double haul »

Just got back from the dee. Roads good, reefish are biteing the billies have left. :cry: Left at sparrows sat stright to bowra wide nothing bugger all bait a few small schools of tuna. Ended up at the city buy lunch and the same. Had a quick fish for some freezer fillers and ended up with 8 good sized trickes 2 tusk fish and 4 macks. Plus the usual small trout.

Sunday headed back to bowra for zip then went to longlost, it looks like a grave yard up there at the moment. Got back to the ramp and had a chat to another billie addict and out of 2 boats they raised 2 between them and the other boat landed 1. Had a bit of frustration on the way home in the tripple tale kind. We spotted up to 6 or so fish hanging around some weed and could not hook 1 up. Just to ad a little spice to the day just finished reading the fishing report about sails at longlost what can i say bullsh*t.

O well might have to start looking out the front for now.
Ps anyone looking to kill a couple a tones of bait steeling macs have a look at 2 miles north of bowra wide. :o

bandit

Post by bandit »

leave the billies alone! waters heating up, time to dust off the barra gear mate :catch: hahaha :lol:
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Two little sails at Bowra

Post by luvindafish »

The billies are still about but very very small fish. We went for an overnighter on sat/sun. Partner Ben , myself and his mate corey from down south with a couple of other mates in their boat went to dundee and headed straight for bowra. After 10 minutes of trolling and with ben just finished giving corey some instuction on what to do, corey said 'yep strike". Both ben and i were not sure if it was a sail as it didnt jump for awhile. It eventually did and was quickly brought to the boat and released. Corey was stoked and proudly stated that sailfishin was easy. Ha Ha he got pulled into line with that comment. Anyway our other mates had raised one but it wouldnt switch of the pusher. The water was awesome . We found some really good blue water. The next day we got an early strike with plenty of mackie action. Again our mate raised one but it want interested in the bait. We had been running a crazy deep for awhile so we decided to switch to a pusher. It wasnt 10 minutes when something was smashing it so with the call to drop the bait back i saw the fish switch to the bait only to drop it. Dumped it again but dropped it. Ben was convinced i had no bait so i was winding slowly back when a felt a wack so dumped it again and this time had the little fella. Must have been hungry. Few little jumps then bought to the boat and with circle hook just in the corner, released well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Well done mate ya had better luck than me. We had a yak to ya mate back at the ramp and as soon as he said ben from ballastic i knew it was you mob. Howd ya like the rain. That area where the 2 lumps are is where most of my fish have come from after the city slowed down.
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Yeah we couldnt believe our luck when we saw the rain clouds. Wasnt too bad tho. Yeah benny knows his stuff alright. The two we caught were very small fish. It would be good to find some bigger ones. We'l just keep looking. We love it and trolling for hours is nothing to us. You just never know what might happen and when. Very exciting. We are going to check out exmouth at some stage and hopefully catch marlin. :captain: