Early season assult at the city.

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

Early season assult at the city.

Post by double haul »

I cant help it im hitting the city this weekend, as long as the road is not cut n a cyclone doesnt hit. Anyone crazy enough to tag along is more than welcome.

unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

spoke to friends today who said the road is pretty ordinary (they own a block there) .. they said its towable, just go real easy.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Lock up yur daughters sail city...incoming Bill-Bunny.
Luck DH
PS....Report. No pics=it didnt happen!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
double haul

Post by double haul »

Ground hog day, anyone up for a trip?
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

when you going? I am keen
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

i will be out that way on monday
double haul

Post by double haul »

Heading down sat morning jonr, hitting the city all day then take it from there will be on ch72 give us a call. Depending on the wind will be camping around blaze or jenny then out again returning around 12 sunday. Might be 2 boats in our camp but the more the better. :mrgreen:
double haul

Post by double haul »

Daly River Mouth to Cape Don:
Thursday until midnight: North/northwest winds 10 knots. Seas to 1m.
Friday: Northeast/southeast winds 5/10 knots. Inshore afternoon seabreezes 10/15 knots. Seas to 1m.
Saturday Outlook: Northeast/southeast winds 5/10 knots.
Sunday Outlook: Northeast/southeast winds 5/10 knots

Pecheur is locked n loaded as the deckie so its go time, launching tommorow morning around 7 ish heading stright to the city n looking at the wind might even camp on the northen end of the perons. Fishing till 12 suday, jonr you still keen.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Back again back again, yeah yeah yeah yeah. You mob know the drill ch72 blue gs out n about at the city campeing around jenny or blaze for 2 nights. :catch: billies.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Good luck! :mrgreen:
double haul

Post by double haul »

You sneaky bugger i just filled the esky with a few cartoons and guess what if found. :mrgreen: I told ya it was all good but thanks mate.
Ask the boss for a leave pass next weekend, i might need another deckie.
Ill give ya a call if we clean up on reefies. :fishy:
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Hey Brett, whats the billie action like out there on the neaps? Thinking of hitting the Finniss next Friday, then heading out wide Saturday to avoid the crowds.

Never really fished for billies before, and never been wide of Dundee, but keen to get into them! (weather permitting). I can get hold of a teaser with a bird and squid daisy chain, is this all I need? Got some lee point gars in the freezer, but they're about a year old :bonk: They are frozen in sea water so they may be ok :-? Are you using bait or pushers? I think the shop bought gars aren't much chop.

Would be keen to tag along with you (at a distance!) if you're going out next weekend. Cheers :drinking1: Scotty

P.S. I'll leave the chicken and f@#ken rice at home, I promise! :angel:

P.P.S. Got two weeks off from Thursday, so if the neaps are no good could always pencil in the weekend after. (new moon)
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Hi Double Haul,
guess you are probably out there by now. Me and Dingo are heading to Channel Point on Sunday and staying until at least Tuesday.

I will make sure we have ch72 on and hope to see some FFFers out there. I have a blue GS extreme

Wicksy
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hey tim have a look at the radar n winds before ya go it was average for us. We camped in behind jenny last night n there was a trawler in there so that means only 1 thing. Looks like willyweather is getting deleted of my browser it said 5-600mm swells and it was more like 1.5 to 2 m.