cairns marlin who to charter?

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

cairns marlin who to charter?

Post by double haul »

Ok you mob anyone out there can recommend 1 out of 4. Top shot/Kekoa/Viking II(im leaning towards this mob)/Ikey Moe. Had a phone call this after noon n looks like im emptying the bank balance n hitting up the old farts for some $ n heading over to n qld looking for something that will eat a 10kg sail rigged as a skip bait.
:twisted:

nobby018
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cairns marlin who to charter?

Post by nobby018 »

Gday DH,

My Mate Trent Visscher runs a boat called "Iona" a 43ft Obrien, you can read my post called "a week at number 10"...the website is www.ionagamefishing.com.au he's been around cairns for 15yrs. as a deckie and captain, i grew up fishing with him and with his deckie Brad..if you want his number mate PM me and i'll pass it on

but if you cant get a gig with him, i'd go with KEKOA, thats a brand spanking new 57ft Obrien and Lukes a real nice guy..but you'll have to get in quick they're usually booked out for next year by the end of this season..

if all else fails check out www.blackmarlinfishingblog.com.au Lukes wife does a daily update of the fishing etc etc and she has a boat directory you can troll through..

hope this helps and you wont regret it mate, the price means f$%k all once you've seen the size of these big girls..

Cheers,

Nobby
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Brett dont think you could go wrong with any of the above. I read kelly's blog all the time and think that the boats you've listed would give you a good bang for your buck.
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Same from me Brett, Go to Kellys' Black Marlin Fishing Blog and check it out.
Cheers,
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.