Black marlin Sail City

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Black marlin Sail City

Post by stuart »

For those interested fished sail city off dundee, trolled minnows and skirts for a couple macs and no bill fish. Dropped a paternoster rig down on a school of fish smack on the fish find mag gps mark and had a screamin run on my charter special almost spooling my braid to have a black marlin launch itself twice at back of boat, fought the fish for 1/2 hour but braid eventually wore through assuming on fishes tail as only had about a 40cm trace. Assuming I hooked a small stripey without realising and the marlin smacked it. Was a awesome day fishing with lots fish caught and that hook up topped it off. If only it hit the tiagra 30 I was using earlier trying to get one

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Dropped a paternoster rig down on a school of fish smack on the fish find mag gps mark and had a screamin run on my charter special almost spooling my braid to have a black marlin launch itself twice at back of boat, fought the fish for 1/2 hour but braid eventually wore through
That's pure gold, to think I trolled all around South Gutter three times last year with the flash gear for just a couple of strikes and no billfish. You drop a bait down on the charter special and BOOM!

That's fishing :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Licky, but sometimes you make your own luck. Good effort to have id connected for that long :cheers:
Regards Dick