billfishing this weekend whos keen??

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Coutta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Coutta »

I wish you good luck max - if someone is going to find em out there i reckon youre the one to do it :mrgreen:

oh and jabsy - a V8 ticket aye - better than that mysterious power / doggies ticket I spose :rofl:

If we all focussed on the important things in life there would always be a long queue at the ramp!
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

hey coutta, you would of got a seat if you where still keen but will let ya know next time :wink:

hey max im looking at launching at 6am at nightcliff but im gunna head straight to the vernons for a quick jig for macks then will troll to fenton wide. will try and get you on ch72 for an update. tides look red hot, you thinking about a return trip on sunday???

will be surprised if dundee fires this weekend :| small tides and sail city dont mix, dont know why but have never had any luck out that way on these tides, im sure you guys will prove me wrong but will change the fishing diary if you do :mrgreen:

:drinking1: Harmsey
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Gotta work Sun.morn. mate plus I will have had enough after 1 day fish or no fish and yep ch72,might see ya at the ramp :mrgreen:
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

will be at dundee lodge sat night then either on the water sat night or launch sun morning with the tractor and straight out to sail city for the fun .. travelling at night might work.

might even do some reef fishing first up.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

I m super keen but I have to set up the camper trailer for our "adventure" (3 months in the back yard) :bonk: :banghead: :banghead:

Might get out on Sunday for a few hours ...will wait and see :captain:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

I'll be launching first thing Sat morning at the lodge for a crack at the big time. All new to me, but hey, with a few beers, a few skirts and a few gars, how hard can it be..........

I have a feeling i am going to come home frustrated.

Probably look at holding up Sat night down Perons for another early crack Sunday. Hopefully most people will be watching the V8"s.

Keen!
Coutta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Coutta »

Thanks Harmesy - always keen but dont always have the leave pass - good luck.
If we all focussed on the important things in life there would always be a long queue at the ramp!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

your dead right out Blue it aint rocket science just get out there and drag em around :captain: good luck hope you get on to a couple.
millsy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by millsy »

haha if im all the bling and no skill harmsey why u going 2 my secret spots out at the vernons on the wkend? (':lol:')

dw mate ill outfish u 2moro then ill show u whos got skills (':wink:')
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

:lolpoint: yeah you showed me millsy :rofl:
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

For anyone who cares, The Bills are still about in good numbers of Dundee.

Our first crack at them saw us raise a dozen or more and catch 1 beauty, YAHOOOOOOO.................. It was awsome and i'm converted. Just such a great fighting and looking fish, but gee, how hard are they too hook and keep hooked up.

Great sight watching them strip the gars with their bills. Sail city didnt work that well for us Saturday with best pods being raised around Blaze wide, lots and lots of bills.

Sunday we saw 5-6 boats working the same area with lots of guides and lots of hook ups. We saw a juvenile marlin hooked but not sure if ended up in the boat.

What a great weekend, did i say we caught a SAILFISH.........C'mon builders, build my Dundee house quicker.

Going to put a few more hours on the water now.

GET OUT THERE PEOPLE LMAO

Phots 2 come
double haul

Post by double haul »

Good to see ya got the fever blue. We hit the city again and nothing. This moring was rough as guts and only raised 2. O well the run had to slow down sooner or later for me. Might start working around long lost over the next month if the city dies. :mrgreen:
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

fished the city today ,no sails ,didnt even see 1
wasnt real nice this morning a bit rough ,started to calm down around 1pm nice smooth ride home
went wide of sail city about another 15k futher out
fished the bottom for some mixed reef fish a small red emp.
float some sanmar out the back in the current got slamed by some huige macks got 1 to the boat guess weight 20+ kg just trying to download the pic
heap of smaller macks about
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

Just thought i would add a pic of the sail we landed out Dundee from the weekends fishing.

great fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
double haul

Post by double haul »

What happend to the 6 ya raised slapper.