Bait rigging session

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Balls
Seadog
Seadog

Bait rigging session

Post by Balls »

G'day all

We will be running a Billfish bait rigging session this Tuesday night at Darwin Game fishing club's monthly meeting held at the Ski Club, (1st July), meeting starts at approximately 7pm, no cost involved, all welcome. If anyone has any specific baits they would like to see rigged to take out & try, bring down the gear & I will have a crack them time permitting. Hopefully have time to rig swimming Queenie, mullet, scad & skipping gars & have a yak in general at other techniques, also have some helpful tips with some gear to use for rigging baits that most people could make. In a nut shell if you never rigged a bait & want to learn this would be a good starting point, if you are experienced in bait rigging you can always pick up tips & other techniques that may improve your skills & or pass on some of your techniques to other fishos. Bait rigging has so many alternatives thats what makes it interesting. Also Graham Wrightson from Combined Agencies will be also attending & going through their out fits for light game on Tuna/Queenie's etc, their jigging out fits & then some of their gear more suited to Billfish.

2 Rods I won't be wearing my lucky bait rigging shirt as its gone missing in action again, haven't had time to check the garbo again & I'll stay away from the Ouzo on the night, hope to catch ya there, cheers Balls.

SCURVY DOG
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

Great Idea !!!

if anyones interested in this Stuff This would be a no Miss Night i would love to be able to go myself but I'm out of town :-{

if you are just learning this stuff this is a great way to pick up some very handy hint's from guy's that know What they are on about

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

All sounds good Balls...I will try and get there..should be a good reminder/refresher after the one a few of us had at my place last year. :mrgreen:

Pity about the lucky bait rigging shirt mate :cry: :cry: my guess is it just got up and walked out of your place by its self...(from what I hear of it's smell :shock: ) and if you need ouzo to get you over the lose of ya shirt I will buy you 1 :drinking1: :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

this would be great oppurtunity to come down and learn a bit about these trophy fish seeing as more and more are getting caught in the top end cant say im to familiar i'll be definitly down to lend an ear :grin:
Image Image
Topend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Topend »

I'll be there. Thanks for the opportunity to learn something new.
Cheers,
Topend.
Chook
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Chook »

:clap:
You know you can never stop learning. Great idea Balls. Info nights are the go. PGF have them on various topics too I believe.
:mrgreen: