22 sails in 2 days.

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

22 sails in 2 days.

Post by luvindafish »

Hi guys ben and i went out to dundee on sunday. We fished around Bowra and ended up with 4 sails for the day then 18 on monday (13 for ben and 9 for me) as the conditions improved and the sails were out in numbers. It was the best day we had on the sails so far in Darwin.We will do a proper report with photos when my arm stops aching. cheers Karen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by luvindafish on Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

double haul

Post by double haul »

8-) Wondering when we going to hear from you mob. Well done mate, you guys ( n girls) putting tags n them yet? Now im not going to sound like a raveing loony when i tell my mates what we have here rivals broome but with smaller fish. :lol:
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

My Ho My!!!

Can't wait to see the photos!

Sound totally mad!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Hi, ben thinks that as they are small fish here tagging them only adds to the stress of being handled . Having said that it would be interesting to learn about their movements here. Most of the fish we caught were small but we did get a few around 12kg which is still small in comparison to Broome fish. It was mad out there in monday..................karen :captain:
bunji
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bunji »

Well done thats broome numbers :applause: :clap:
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

Awesome stuff. We are heading there this weekend.!!

Where do you get the tags from??
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
double haul

Post by double haul »

Have a look here brent http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=20328 Think they took 4 to 6 weeks to turn up from memory.

Looks like well see you at the tractor saturday morning.
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Ben and i are working on a story so im not giving too much away. We went out on sunday despite the coastal wind warning and mmmmm the waves were big and it was ugly needless to say no sailfish for us on this day. Counting the days till bens in next fortnight when the neaps are just right. Only hope the winds dont wreck the plan :roll:
RUM-A-MUNDI
Seadog
Seadog

Post by RUM-A-MUNDI »

nice work can't wait to see the full report