Reidys lures nail Manton barra

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Reidys lures nail Manton barra

Post by Matt Flynn »

From Reidys' Col Burdon: "Attached is a pic of Paul Zorn with a 99cm Barra caught on Saturday night on a Judge. It was the only fish we caught but we weren’t there long due to storms. The previous Saturday night we also fished Manton & we landed 5 fish, Zorny landed 2 @ 71 & 75cm & I landed 3 @ 89, 91 & 94cm. Zorny’s were taken on the Judge & I caught the 89 on the new weedless plastic & the 91 & 94 on the new Big Ass B52 in Karen’s Pearl colour which we have now named Karen’s Big Ass. I don’t understand why she is not impressed Ha Ha."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Reidys lures nail Manton barra

Post by punter »

The fish looks 'Gold Plated " too!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

H there,

Nice fish!
:applause:

Any photos of the new Big Ass B52?

Have a good day,
Pecheur
REIDYS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by REIDYS »

Hi Guy's, Sorry for being a slacko & thanks to Matt for posting my email. I am sure there are a few on the forum that may have some of the new Big Ass proto's. We will have them out to your local tackle stores within the next 3 weeks. I have been meaning to make some posts of late but to be honest I am really under the pump with some new gear that will be coming out & hopefully Matt & I can have some prizes to hand out in the new year. One other product we are close to releasing will be our new weedless plastics which will be rigged & ready to go out of the packet so we are very excited about these & testing results have been very encouraging.
Thanks Pecheur for the query as this has got me to make my first post, below is a pic of the new Big Ass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Fishing,

Col
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi Col,

Thanks for the photo, they look good.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

G'day Col,
Welcome aboard, Nice session you guys had out at Manton. Gotta love that Karens Pearl colour :wink: Looking forward to trying out the new Weedless softies!!!
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
REIDYS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by REIDYS »

Hey Muntzy, I did say I would get to it one day. Yes we have been happy at Manton although the weed floating can give you the proverbial.
Yes the Karens pearl has been a successful colour as you know. Karen gets a kick out of it too. Zorny & i are going to Manton on Sunday arvo for a quick trip as well maybe around 4 will let you know how we go.
Happy Fishing,

Col
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

How big (cm) Is the Big ass? And what depth does it run at?
REIDYS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by REIDYS »

G'day Faulksy, They are 170mm in length excluding the bib & depth wise the sit around 8ft but I have had guys in testing say that they have hit just over 10ft. There will be some shallow models soon as we are working on that at present.
Happy Fishing,

Col
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Thanks for the info Col. If they perform as well as their little brothers they will be a very hany addition. :cheers: Pete
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

hey col, I went fishing today, opened my tackle box and my two new reidys lures, b52's in the gunner colours had deformed, all warped, almost to the point of splitting, I can post pics or bring 'em in to show you. No other lures were damaged just the reidys ones had carked it. Batch problem? Weird stuff, I've used reaidys for years and they have always been a favourite.
red dog

Post by red dog »

hi guys i have been testing col's big ass B52's and i must say they are a great lure in the making,the biggest barra that we got this year was a 131cm and the jew fish this year while trolling for barra were all over them . The depth we were getting with this lure running a distance of 50 to 60 metres back was up to 12 feet and they were great for casting with some big fish taken . Pelagics also like them as they can be trolled around 6 knots for queenies and mack"s ect . as a result to the lures expanding this is caused due to heat and can happen to all lures if there in the sun or tackle box gets very hot and gas expands inside the lure causing this problem . i left a whole box of lures out in the sun once and all had become heat damaged due to expansion .
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Funny you mention that Bushy. Only lures I've had blow right up were Reidys B52's. Got one that looks like a Sumo but still swims.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

the expansion and warping is the only fault that I can put to the B52's as well :? . I have had the problem with classics but not as easily as the B52's. Other than that they are an awsome lure for casting and the jig action is irresistable to fish 8). The bigger ones are awsome on the troll. :drinking8:
freon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by freon »

Are the B52s still being made in China
cheers