Manton Madness

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
gonzo

Manton Madness

Post by gonzo »

well this is my first report on fff, see how it goes..

ill start with abit of a story. headed out to manton dam with the mrs and a mate in my tinny, along with the bandit's in their boat. fished all arvo and through the night. tried lots of different lures and spots. all in all it was pretty quite!

HOWEVER!!! not long after we got there, i trolled up a small barra at 48cm which broke the duck. This got us all pretty excited after the reports that have been getting around latly. We did another pass and elliot pulled in a 53 8-)
We did another pass over the same area and bang elliot was on!!! after a p..s weak fight :-? (which supprised me) elliot pulled in 88cm of beautiful black barra :lol:
The camera was in the car so we roared back to the boat ramp and got some pics. after a few quick pics it was successfully released. :mrgreen:
we went back to the spot and after a fewmore passes and we moved on as the fishing had shut down.
at about 9 or 10 a massive downpour came through, it absoultly p...ed down!!!
we went back to the ramp and pulled out along with the bandit an the 8 or 9 other boats that had been fishing out there!!!

All in all it was a great trip. lots of laughs were had. The best part of fishing there is being able to jump in when it gets hot. even tho we got these barra it still hasnt inspired me to go out there and fish it more often. its def a hard place to get barra :drinking1:

ben :drinking1:

Diawa Saltist Entry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Thanks for the post, at least you got some runs on the board. Shame about the wet backside though.

I caught my first bunch of fresh water Barra this weekend and they did not go as hard as the harbour models, still great fish though.

The mercy dash for the camera and subsequent photos was worth it. :mrgreen: It definately is a dark fella.

Doors Off. :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

hey gonzo can you PM me regarding those datsun engines you got
bandit

Post by bandit »

nice healthy looking fish!

you did well mate. first pics i think ive seen of a manton barra on FFF this year? :-? :mrgreen:

maybe a few other people will post some manton stories now? :lol:

well done again :applause:

:drinking1:
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Well done you guys, nice work. I overnighted at Bynoe last night and we got the backend of the same storm, it was a doozy. Luv those wet swags.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great work :mrgreen: The fish looks a little thinner than I would have expected, maybe the Manton fish are a bit hungry at the moment :-?
johnnymac

Post by johnnymac »

I need one of those ruler mats.
Jesse
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jesse »

Was that Saturday 8th of November that you were there? Cause I was there too and we fished 6pm to 9pm casting at snags with Tango Dancers and Fizzers, trolling and using some live bait but didnt manage to catch anything. Oh were you in a boat called Barramatta or were you towing another boat or the boat being towed?
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

looks like Dallas or smithy has been doing a few sneaky runs down there :wink: :wink: :wink:

cmon, boys, fess up and tell us how you went
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey jesse, we were there (my boat and gonzo's) on sat... fished through the arvo and into the night... i got an FFF sticker, he dosnt yet...
not sure which boat you guys were... i counted 9 or 10 fishing through the night!!! wonder how they all went???.... didnt see barramatta :-? ....
did see the boat being towed tho :lol: must say tho if i had the choice of breaking down anywhere, manton would be right up there at the top of my list :lolpoint:

how did you guys go?

:drinking1:
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

ok hilly yes we were there sat and i wasnt supposed to be so ill tell how i got there :-? i was eating dinner at about six on saturday night with the wife and kids and terina had organised a nice quiet dvd night in with maybe a little something for desert :wink: then i get this call from barramatta to see if i want to fish manton with him and fermie. i declined as i had better things on my mind but he kept asking and i kept saying NO. thats when he asked me even if i didnt want to go fishing could i still come down and DROP OF HIS SOUNDER :shock: seems in his rush to go he forgot the sounder and needed me to pick it up at his house and drive to manton to give it to him :roll: seeing as he is my brother i did it but my wife was farkin ropeable to say the least and with the usual bitchin i told her id be back asap. basically got told by her that the night was now wrecked and forget desert as id yet again dropped all for my bro :banghead: so when i got to manton i did the handing over of the sounder and thought no point going home now because im in the shyte already and dallas had a spare rod :twisted: so fishing i go and we caught a heap of nudda. so yes i was there and yes i got rained on and no there arnt any fish at manton :fu: but still beat a good girly flick but i am p...ed at not getting desert :rofl: :rofl:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

mate youve got enough puddin not to need anymore puddin anyways :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

now I will just retire to my glass house :wink:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Very funny story Smithy, I like it. Pity you didnt come home with a metery but as you say much better than a cranky mrs. :mrgreen:
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Smithy your wife must cook better than mine :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
As the fishen would have won every time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers: Ernie
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Thats a good fish caught by Elliot, well done :mrgreen: .
Guess you could say that the skipper put him onto
it, hey gonzo :wink: :lol: .
If theres anytime for the best chance of a metery getting caught
at manton it would be now. A meter plus dam barra would be a good way
to knock over a november barra CB :naughty:
Image Image