MANTON LAST NIGHT 22/1/08

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

MANTON LAST NIGHT 22/1/08

Post by Blinky »

Went for a run out to Manton with two of the kids for the full moon last night. Put in about 5.30 ish, one ski boat launching at the same time. One of the young guys gave me a hand to launch. :mrgreen:

We headed off towards the wall area, I really just wanted to experiment with ping rates on the Lowrance 100c to see if I could get it to operate without interference from the Humminbird 797, the kids were as keen as mustard to latch onto a BIG Barra!

After d*cking round for a while and having success with the sounders we started some serious fishin’.

Couldn’t turn a scale, water was like a millpond, not a skerrick of surface activity, saw a few big arches on electronics but couldn’t tempt them. Ended up pulling plug about 9.00.

Even though it was a complete failure as far as fish go, it was a most enjoyable 3 hours or so spent with the kids. :grin: :grin:

I captured a few interesting images from the 797:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Geez Blinky, that sidescan is set up nicely. Some great screenshots and nicely interpreted for FFF readers.

I reckon that post is worth a BOZOS soft plastic lure pack - PM me your postal address and I will mail them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Matt Flynn wrote:Geez Blinky, that sidescan is set up nicely. Some great screenshots and nicely interpreted for FFF readers.

I reckon that post is worth a BOZOS soft plastic lure pack - PM me your postal address and I will mail them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You beauty, thanks Matt! :grin: :mrgreen:
Blinky

BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

WOW! awsome images Blinky Blinks.

image 10 would have to be the Lock Ness monster having a kip

image 14 looks like it needed a probe with a big rubber lure.

:smoking: :smoking:
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I got a great shot of a lure being towed along in the transducer beam, just looks like a white line running through the water column. Unfortunately it's on a video recording not a still image, I'll see if I can take a photo of the screen.
It's interesting just to see what it looks like.

Sorry for the picture quality, it's a photo of a PC screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blinky

JC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by JC »

Good stuff Blinky,

Ive got a mate who has just bought his first boat and he got one of these sounders. I will put him on to this to help him decipher what he sees.

:cheers:
JC
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Mate that is "flash as Michael Jackson" that new sounder..... great to see you working it all out..... getting ready for the Classic and all :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Thanks Blinky, Now I have sounder envy :rofl: :rofl: Great stuff though.... I gotta get one...
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Buckaneer2 »

Good one Blinky, Are they photos of the screen or saved to a card.

My computer here is a mac & it is not compatible with humminbirdPC so I am unable to download pictures from the card.

If you play with the scroll speed you should be able to get even clearer readings. I found it different in still water as opposed to running water. Also boat speed. I have mine setup for trolling speed against the current & I get perfect clear pictures. You can see the complete snag even count the branches if you want to. The shadow is also a good help, you can often see more in the shadow.
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

really nice sounder images blinky, i always wondered if they worked as well as the hype sugest and i think you proved they do :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
ambigua
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambigua »

great bit of kit.
I can only ponder the amount of info you could get of a creek junction during the runoff.
:idea: what a time saving device, save casting at a spot for 30mins to see whats there, just turn on and run past, sold.
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

tell you what blinky, after seeing those images, Sigmund Freud got it all wrong.

blokes dont have old fella envy. they have sounder envy...man i got a real bad case of sounder envy after that.

it was like standing at a public urinal and a bloke pulls up beside you and 10 seconds later you hear a dull thud on the porcelain.

oh. maybe siggy was right afterall.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Buckaneer2 wrote:Good one Blinky, Are they photos of the screen or saved to a card.

My computer here is a mac & it is not compatible with humminbirdPC so I am unable to download pictures from the card.

If you play with the scroll speed you should be able to get even clearer readings. I found it different in still water as opposed to running water. Also boat speed. I have mine setup for trolling speed against the current & I get perfect clear pictures. You can see the complete snag even count the branches if you want to. The shadow is also a good help, you can often see more in the shadow.
Sorry in the delay getting back to you Ron, I only just re-visited this post :bonk:

They are images from the SD card.
I run mine at the slowest scroll rate and as you say, for the best possible picture run at the slowest possibly boat speed.
I find the shadow gives you much more information than the "main" image.
It's a pity you have an Apple, I have a programme that can be used to accurately measure a targets height, length, distance from boat etc etc, will even give you it's waypoint if you missed it on the river. Top piece of kit!
Get yourself a laptop for the Classic! :lol:

Or you can borrow mine............... for a price :drinking2: :drinking2:

That's after I've deleted everything of course :lol: :lol:
Blinky