Manton Dam

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Manton Dam

Post by nikoniko »

I was down in the Manton dam area today working, ended up having my lunch down there at the boat ramp.There was noone there when it got me thinking geez it looks good, very fishy looking indeed! Having never fished it I was wondering if it is fishing ok and worth the effort as the build up starts. The massive weedbed on the left of the ramp had me visualising a huge barra smashing my weedless rig being dragged through there.

NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Manton Dam

Post by NathanL »

nikoniko wrote:.....The massive weedbed on the left of the ramp had me visualising a huge barra smashing my weedless rig being dragged through there.

oh if only it was that easy down there............ :(
jtf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jtf »

Mate,

I've heard of some big fish getting caught there but normally on livies. I've seen some good pics of fish caught there too.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

weedless frogs on spin gear worked like fishing for tuna. Cast along the weed edge. Shitt hook up rate but awsome boofs and bow waves. You still hook a few.
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Caught a nice barra trolling in the ski area and dropped another around there as well.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers

Sy
Deigs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Deigs »

have fished out there a few time for only a couple of good hits a mate has landed a 63lb out of there though and seen pics of many other big fish
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Some lads seem to have worked the place out...right time of year..right moon..etc. Been some good posts on here in prev years Nik. I can't get it wired...maybe too lazy to research or write a log. Its hit or miss and never got anything bigger than 80ish. I think the biggest ones sit deep in the middle but I get bored trolling so I do like Cuddlescooper said...work the edges of the lilly pads. Oh yea during the runnoff the feeder creeks can be mad...
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Chriso
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chriso »

I've trolled up a couple around 75 cm in the middle of the day over the last two years, but some of the boys really nail 'em at night.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I've had most success 5 nights before the full moon, always in the wee small hours of the morning.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

My biggest barra from the dam is 120cm,104,106 had a good quality lure get peeled open like
bannana that was around 2-3 years ago now good togga numbers down there such a great place
to drop a line ,some of the biggest fresh water long tom iv'e ever seen 1m long great fun on a line
they go off like a frog on a sock
fishing is my addiction there is no cure
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Just got back from a walk around dam wall missed the good run by 2 months I recon caught a 52cm bazz that had a gold bomber in its mouth extra bonus there looked like barra went over the wall as he looked pretty barked up when released just swam to bottom of pool an got the sads on heaps of bait around an seen some nice barras in ski side of wall hope they dont swim over the wall now as they will just become yabbie food
or croc bait
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Has anyone got any barras or cherribin from the dam spillway this year??? Got any pics??