Manton Dam!!!

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
bandit

Manton Dam!!!

Post by bandit »

has anyone seen any pics of all these reported Big barra from manton dam this build up? I dont dout the captures at all, i just cant work out why theres all these reports of 80's, 90's and i heard of a few meteries... yet no pics?

So has any FFFers had any luck this year?

We went for a look last night and gee all i can say if frig the water is low!!! i reckon 4 or maybe even 5 meters lower than when i was there in the wet and it was flowing over the wall!!!
I didnt even know the boat ramp went that far in!!! :lol:

One thing that i was thinking while we were poking around, was some of the banks we use to wake board along that were deep as are now as low as 4 or 5 foot!!!
And picking up bulk snags on the furuno, Is it a matter of time before someone hurts themselves? or has anyone already???

One more question.... i cant remember what they were doing with all the water? does anyone know?

I'd say it would even be worth going down for a look guys, i never seen it that low, EVER! may not see it like that again!!!

john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Been told that there is some sort of survay being done on the banks ??? Went skying there a month ago and got stuck in the mud while skiing :banghead: There use to be a couple of meters of water where we were and had to get out with the kids and push. Pretty embarrasing :bonk: thought we would need a tow for a while as I ran it in hard only saw the weed comming out of the water at the last minute and had just enough time to trim up the moter. The bl..dy kids still give it to me for, as they put it, getting boged at Manton.. :evil:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Heres something that should give you a better idea of whats going on. Seems its just the next stage of testing the water at the current level.

http://www.powerwater.com.au/powerwater ... _test.html
Image Image
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

went to manton myself on tuesday night fished from sundown to 10.30 for 1 little rat of 40cm , not sure if we where fishing in the right spot for those suposed big ones
seen 2 other boats out there as well they didnt stay long
the water sure is low
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

You want to know about Manton Dam talk to Shane Compain at Coolalinga Tackle World, he has caught a few there this year.

Also, I wonder how the water release is affecting Manton Creek? There might be a bit of colour up at mouth and the rockbar. The steady release might also have created an interesting situation regarding bait up there. Might have to call Kai Hansen :mrgreen:
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

there was distinct colour there when I last fished it...months after runoff was done
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)