Favourite Lures At Manton Dam

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Jesse
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Favourite Lures At Manton Dam

Post by Jesse »

Has anyone got a favourite lure for Manton Dam because I'm going to try for my first Barramundi there and have never fished there before so I'm not sure what works well there. I am probably thinking a popper or a small gold bomber but I have no idea.

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

red/black poltie.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey blink that happens to be my fav for the daly rok bar :naughty:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

When you find one that works jesse let me know :naughty: , cause ive tried a wide range recommended by people who catch metery's there. Just not fishing the right area i reckon thats one secret they wont let me in on :| . But here's what ive been told, maybe you'll have better luck. Apparently suspending storms in the largest size are a winner (wriggly tail :mrgreen:) blue or green. Bushy's Boney bream surface lures work well for flicking and 6inch X-raps in deeper diver (white).
My PB for manton is only a 71cm caught a few years back now on a 6 inch nilsie in the blue colour :grin: . Dad got a 75cm that day also, on a reidy's taipan in elton john colours. Both fish were caught during early stage of build up on sunrise.
But nightfishing is when people get the big ones, make sure you go out on a night with good light provided from the moon. For your own visibility and for bazza's to be on the chew. Maybe a lure that catches a bit of shine from the moon will be a winner :wink: .

Good Luck mate :drinking1:
Image Image
Jesse
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jesse »

Thanks for the help metre seeker :smile:
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

coroboreebandit wrote:hey blink that happens to be my fav for the daly rok bar :naughty:
For sure CB, poltie in any colour is a fav of mine. Some of them have smashed over that many rockbars the bib is 10 mm shorter than it should be! :lol:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Favourite Lures At Manton Dam

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Little lucifer or red site squidgys will do the trick cheers