anybody have any ideas

cheers bm

you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: landcrusier problem with low/hi range

Post by olfart »

barra mick wrote:i have a problem with my 2006 turbo d lancrusier low range/hi range gear stick

i cant move it between hi and low range.its stuck in hi range

anybody have any ideas

cheers bm
Mick, sounds like the shift lever is bound up..lift the floor mat and free it up..common prob with 2006 model 100 series. :wink:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Sounds similiar to a problem I had with the 80. you may need to remove the 'boot' and see what it's fouling on, mine was packed with clay that had hardened with heat over time, easy enough to clean up and relube then replace boot , think about cleaning it on a regular basis if doing the hard yards!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

hi

thanks for both reply

i took off the boot and there was nothing blocking it up.

there is only a short lever going onto the box

any other ideas.....??

cheers bm
Banana Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Banana Man »

i had a similar, yet completely the opposite, problem with my 75 series. It got stuck in low range and the transfer stick flopped about. What had happened was a linkage inside of the transfer case had fallen out.... does something like this sound possible to your situation? ie. if something has come loose and jammed?
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

banna man,

dont think so cause there is no movement.......jammed yes but lose no.

thansk for the reply though...hopefully i can get enough info and solve the problem

cheers bm
Damian B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Damian B »

Hi mate, You have probably tried it but try changing it while in reverse.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Damian B wrote:Hi mate, You have probably tried it but try changing it while in reverse.
+1, also sometimes the diffs can get 'wound up' and a slow drive on a loose surface can free them up and fix the problem
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

if you have driven the car on the black stuff with it in fwd you can get a torque bild up in the trasfer case causing it to bind up, if you have done this it wont come out of gear and like stated you can go in reverse and sometimes it will unwind the torque build up and you can change gears again, failing that jack the car up and let the torque unwind that way via the wheels ??i have seen the torque buildup in a single cab hilux so bad the tray was pushed that hard against the rear window frame it poped the rear window out? so it has some power there, OH and i dont mean the hilux,s eng ??? lol :P :P
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Barra Mick, have a look at all the w's.LCOOL.org. Its a website supporting Landcruiser Owners. It has a technical forum on it specific to your model (80series, 100 series, 120 series etc etc) which I have in the past used to address some interesting problems. The people on there are really helpful. 8)

My two bobs worth. If you were driving on the black top in 4wd you'd know about it. Your tyres would squeel going around corners and your steering would feel like you had no power assistance. The end of the lever sits in a nylon bush. Check that it is sitting correctly in the box.

Dex
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

From the LCOOL Forum "

The transfer levers are also known to seize on the cross shaft on top of the gearbox. You may want to get underneath with some spray lube and give the linkages a squirt."

Dex
Roo.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Roo. »

Dex38 wrote:From the LCOOL Forum "

The transfer levers are also known to seize on the cross shaft on top of the gearbox. You may want to get underneath with some spray lube and give the linkages a squirt."

Dex
Yep, as Dex as pointed out, get a can of WD40 and go nuts on the linkages above the box from underneath the vehicle. Both of my Cruisers ('98 and '06 Standard models) have had this problem at one time or another. Just dirt and cr.p gunking up the linkages. Once you get it free, really work the linkages in/out of 4wd several times and it should free up nicely.

Cheers,
Roo.
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

thanks for the ideas everyone...will let u know how it goes

bm