On the board for 2019

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

On the board for 2019

Post by Flickin4em » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:19 am

Whilst I had been fishing a few times with a new rod I had got for chrissie I was yet to even hook up solid on anything except a few snags :banghead:

So as a bit of fun I headed out for a flick at a local lagoon casting away with my rapala into the shaded snags and lillies out a bit further. A few fish were boofing and a few more Saratoga amongst the lillies were smashing the rainbows aswell creating a bit of excitement as we continued to clear a lane through the lillies with each cast removing a couple each time. Soon a missed subsurface thump of a nice barra had the desperate and dead accurate casts flying upping the enthusiasm a bit. :D
20190109_174416.jpg
No such luck so scrambling around the bank we repositioned for sunset. I changed lure to a yozuri crystal minnow as my mate rigged up a skitter pop. A few casts later a good barra boofed just as he moved it from the spot it struck. But a few casts afterwards had another hooked up for under a second with the 10lb fins struggling to set the 4×VMCs. As twighlight decended the fish were becoming more active and the local mosquito population had found our location and began the feast. Damn it. Multiple tip tangles, more missed strikes and a few snags later we were on the verge of bailing out when I hooked up. :mrgreen:

:o FISH ON !!!!!

A nice silver fish could immediately be seen launching well clear of the surface about 1.5m then crashing down into the lillies which bought me out of the cast and wind routine and straight to action stations. The 50lb braid held solid then it cut free and hauled in a huge clump of weeds and lillies on the line too. Saving my 28 dollar lure, with the fish flapping around in the middle of the chaos as it dragged accross the top of the lagoon. My thoughts of a rat barra were incorrect as I found out. Instead a nice sized tarpon lay at my feet exhausted. .. suprisingly. :mrgreen:
20190109_194052.jpg
Couple of pics later it was cut up as bait and thrown into the esky.
It measured in at 60cm from the nose to tip of its tail so wasn't a bad fish in the end to kick off the drought of 2019 :drinking28: ....
20190109_194847-1.jpg
BRING ON THE RAIN !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Re: On the board for 2019

Post by b-radical » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

New rod for Chrissie bl..dy ripper not a bad fish to break it in too, never caught one myself but the Tinny boys speak to a few fellas about targeting them on fly if your into that

Good Yarn look forward to a few more this year :mrgreen:
Everydays a good day when your fishing

FOMOB

Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Nice one Flickin4em, Not a bad fish to break in the new rod.
Nice shirt buy the way :-D

Timmo
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Timmo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:14 pm

nice
Tim "TIMMO"

Return to “Landbased”