Arvo down the howard

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Arvo down the howard

Post by goldfish »

Spent the afternoon down the howard river today . it was still flowing pretty well and after unloading the quad i headed upriver leaving the crowd of casual danglers on the iron bridge behind.

Eating up the trip easily in 4wd to the rapids I was soon rigging a lure with the sounds of the bush and the cascading rapids as the soundtrack. 4 casts was all it took to have the first fish of the trip. Had a hit on the first cast too. ...

Several barra were landed with one going nearly 60 the biggest of the day. I was using the same rod i use in the southern states for trout and bass and had a ball on the ones around 40cm with the odd bigger one thrown in to keep me honest. I would have caught about 20 undersized ones easy. I had the whole spot to myself today but beore you knew it the sun was dissappearing beyond the horizon. I headed for the car bailing out before the sunset into total darkness session avoiding the mosquitoes as a few were already around in the jungle surrounding the river...

Good to see even though it cops an absolute flogging every day there's a few good ones around in there still.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Arvo down the howard

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

Goes to show you don't always have to do the miles to get the smiles. Well done mate.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Well done Goldfish but wach out for the fun police down there,the fines are pretty steep
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Well done. I assume you mean the crocs, Shaggs?
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Yeah theo, no disrespect to them they have a job to do and there's a lot of idiots out there
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present