1/2 a feed beach session.

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

1/2 a feed beach session.

Post by goldfish »

Went down my secret spot for a quick flick the other day .

Arrived late due to p!ss poor planning and previous commitments but rather than sulking, I rigged up my trusty old lure complete with rusty hooks and headed down to the rocks.... I'm getting a bit slack on things like sharpening hooks or replacing them these days.

The scramble out over the oysters was easily accomplished and soon I was casting out into the likely areas I'd got fish in previously out that way.
The first dozen or so casts passed without event despite the schools of mullet getting a hiding from a few unseen predators. Including some massive trevally and queenies . I only had my light gear again...always the way when the big ones are on. So I tried to steer clear of them so that I didnt get spooled.

I was daydreaming with my lure almost at my feet when it got creamed by a nice barra exploding through the calm rocky bay unfortunately it easily dislodged the lure in under a second and gained it's freedom due to a slow reaction on my part to set the hooks properly. This got the adrenaline pumping though and I was ready for the next one...

Many more casts passed and about 20min later just as i was thinking about moving spots I was hooked up solid. The 20lb whiplash was screaming off my CI 4 and i palmed the spool as much as I dared but it was soon 100m out and still going. I bailed out off my rock and gave chase through the shallows as fast as possible over the terrain out there trying not to fall onto the razor sharp oysters covering the submerged rockbars invisible in the knee deep murky water. Trust me 10 days in hospital on IV drips with over 100 stitches is not a fun way to end a trip :bonk:

I'd manged to slow the fish a bit and was just starting to get a few winds of line back onto the spool when I saw the fish cartwheel across the surface. OH CR@P!!!!!! I thought as I saw the dorsal fin of an almost 2m bronze whaler in carving through the waves in hot pursuit of the nice sized blue salmon I was attached to.

I gave it all she had and gained another 5m of line, but moments later a few bumps and total dead weight told me that I was getting chewed. :banghead: The surface erupted into a frothy bloodbath as I wound like crazy to get my lure out of there before it was hooked in the taxman. It was still getting munched occasionally on the way in untill it was only 5m away in 30cm of water.
I managed to get my lure back just. It still had a bit of my salmon on it too, just enough for a feed though .... :rofl:

could've been a whole lot worse I guess. ... :drinking1:

:fishing:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.