Would like to take my 4yr old son on his first fishing trip

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Kell Reynolds
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Would like to take my 4yr old son on his first fishing trip

Post by Kell Reynolds »

Hey there people,

I would like to take my son on his first fishing trip, I would like to keep in land base.
I was thinking about Buffalo creek, and I was think about doing it on the neat tide's.

If any one has an idear please Help.
Thanks
Kell :idea: :fishy:

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

First up welcome to the FFF :mrgreen:

Land based fishing with the young fella a? Have you considered Channel island (behind the gas tanks) ? it can fish well at times and there are less midges than buff creel too.

There is also a "land based" section on the FFF that might help you out too...

Oh and I forgot.. the fishing platform off the warf on a incoming tide is ok too (and you don't even get your feet dirty :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

good on ya Kell its a great thing to do with your boy and Buff Creek can be ok .The run in tide would be best can you throw a cast net (if not maybe I can help) as live bait would be best and your youg fella would enjoy getting in to help,just down to the left of the boat ramp is good near a gutter there,you havnt said if youve fished much ie.how to attatch live bait etc. if you need a hand just give us a yell theres plenty of people on here that will give you a hand :fishing:
matto1964
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by matto1964 »

Hey Kell,
I quite often take the kids down to the rock ledge of Each Point, go out to the museum and on to the cliff front, turn left and go to the end of the road, its a short walk out to the rocks (easy walk) and the fishing is usually great :fishing: . Generally fish the neaper tides as the water is clearer and you arnt chasing the water all day. Light spin gear is my choice for the kids, with a prawn under float. Went down there a few weeks ago and got some nice trevelly, parrots and an assortment of other fish :catch: . It also fishes well during the dry for bream as well.
PS watch out for the Stingers saw lots or bl..dy big ones swimming around. If the kids want to paddle there are plenty of nice clear cool rock pools! :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:

good fishing and good on ya for getting the kids involved!! :applause: