Trev heaven

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
woo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Trev heaven

Post by woo »

Well i just got back from local land based spot at Larrakeyah. The tide was just on its way out the trevs had started to school. I ended up with about 8 goldens from a half hour session. i think that i lost 3 or 4 that just spat the hok and 1 that rubbed me up on the rocks.

However in the past i have got a couple GT's up to the 5kg mark. Good fun on the light line. took a bit of a play though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GROWING OLD IS INEVITABLE
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Nice!

I am kind of new around here (Darwin), and I am land based too.

I just hope to find such a place one day, look like a dream all these fishes...
Coutta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Coutta »

wow woo - fish right at yur feet - very impressive - did ya berley em up or something??
If we all focussed on the important things in life there would always be a long queue at the ramp!
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jordan doevy »

good work and awsome pic :cheers:
schools what i do in between fishing ;)
Fishless
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fishless »

Nice pic. Its no secret that Larrakeyah is a great land based spot. I've witnessed a 'ball' of golden trevally down there before, climbing all over each other chasing some bait fish, and I say ball because they were so tightly packed you couldnt see through them, it was about 3 meters wide or so, very impressive sight. Picked up some good GT's down there as well, also have lost my fair share to the rocks.

Witnessed a coral trout get caught down at Larrakeyah on Sunday just gone. I've seen and heard of a lot of different species caught down there, but I never would have suspected there'd be any coral trout around there, crazy stuff.

Standing at the edge of the rocks with the old polarised sunnies on, its pretty amazing what you see swim by every now and then.