Sawfish

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sawfish

Post by souva31 »

Hey Guys,

New to the Territory and new to the forum, but have managed to get out for a few trips since I've been here and finally starting to have a bit of luck with a few fish. Am impressed with all the different types of fish you can catch up here land based. I think pretty much every fish I've caught so far has been a first of that type for me. Great fun and have met a quite a few good guys out fishing who are happy to help out a Southerner new to the area. Thought I'd share a couple of pics with a few posts of the fish I've been lucky enough to get onto.

This morning down at the beach, trying with a livie. Not much being caught by anyone this morning, but I had a couple of runs on livie, but no hook up - whatever it was bit the head clean off - thought I'd just throw the headless whiting back out and try my luck and 5 mins later hooked up. Not sure what it was as it just kept running and taking line, but bl..dy heavy - anyway eventually landed it and amazed at what comes out of the ocean up here.

Happy to say, managed to get out my hook as well as another hook and two other bits of fishing line attached to swivels stuck in its mouth - couldn't have done it without help from a few fishos - took 3 of us to keep the saw and fish in place while I removed the hooks and cut the line. Thanks to Vijay, Adi and other helpers!

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Sawfish

Post by jeffish »

Gday mate , good to see you on the forum . That was a great battle this morning and I'm
glad to see all the old hooks and line removed of him and set free to do battle again.

here's a few more snaps,
023.JPG
020.JPG
019.JPG
Shame the Queenies didn't show up this morning , oh well tomorrow ,,,,maybe :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve29 »

That looks cool jeff
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Very cool indeed
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

thanks for the extra photo's Jeff. Unfortunately no queenie's again this morning - there's always next time!