New Forum- Mandora Jetty

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.

What are your favourate Salt Water soft plastic

Berkly Gulps
45%
Squidy X-factor
27%
Halco Prawns
No votes
Mariobu Jigs
No votes
None Of The Above (If So Plz Specifi in Reply)
27%

Total votes: 11

jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New Forum- Mandora Jetty

Post by jimbobbolty »

I would like to say thank you to Matt Flyn for setting this forum up. I recently went on a trip to mandora jetty, hoping for anything. When i got there i straight away saw two guys pulling in baby Macks (50-70cm) and thought to myself this looks good. My dad and i were setting up our rods when we noticed we had left the bait at home. Rushed to the shops for sum (wayste of time). Got back and saw some guys cast netting under the jetty gave it a try and got about 60 sadines in my first cast. Got back up and put my live bait near the pylons. After about 45mins of seeing everyone else pulling up different species of fish I noticed they all had there lines away from the pylons. So i tryed this and started pulling in baby macks, Queenfish and GTs. It was an easy trip and must be a ripper of a spot in the dry. If you go there i would recomend big jig lures for casting for macks.

Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

what sort of tides would you fish the jetty on? I have always been told to fish the incoming tide but sometimes it takes sooooo long to get some decent water under you.

Fished stokes hill 3 weeks ago on the incoming, we got nothing but bait stealers where we were but there was one square where some guys were hauling them out hand over fist.
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Terminator snapbacks for me, worth the buck and very
durable. Guys in tackleworld took them off the shelf cause
there to durable.
Image Image
milt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mandorah in the wet is it worth a shot?

Post by milt »

Whats Mandora jetty like to fish this time of year with all the rain we have had of late? I'm super keen to christen my new halco roosta popper. What species am i likelly to encounter and what other lure should i add to my arsenal?

How much of it is fishable at low tide? Any tips offered would be most welcomed.

Thanks Milt,
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: mandorah in the wet is it worth a shot?

Post by jimbobbolty »

[quote="milt"]Whats Mandora jetty like to fish this time of year with all the rain we have had of late? I'm super keen to christen my new halco roosta popper. What species am i likelly to encounter and what other lure should i add to my arsenal?

How much of it is fishable at low tide? Any tips offered would be most welcomed.

Thanks Milt,[/quote]

I dont really know i fished this spot in october, i would probobly go on a big low tide and walk to west point (have to travel light) you would probobly get a gt or barra on a popper, snapper, cod, bluebone & mabye even a jewfish on the bottom.
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband