Marraki crossing

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Marraki crossing

Post by john d »

Went for a drive out to the crossing on the marraki track yeaterday. Yhe track is still in good cond but wont last, Otto creek is running at @ 50cm and the crossing is running hard./
Fished the downstreem side of the crossing with s/p,s for no result then changed to hardbodies and fished amongst the tree,s upstreem.
Jake landed the only fish of the trip at about 45cm an nice silver barra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

I go fishing there a lot the best time for me is march-may i know a secret back track which is all rock so i can get in there all year round
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

jimbobbolty wrote:I go fishing there a lot the best time for me is march-may i know a secret back track which is all rock so i can get in there all year round
While 'google earth' is still here nothing is secret anymore :|
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Going by boat whats the area way up the Adelaide where there is a rock bar followed by a couple of sharp bends a big eddy with timber on a left corner(going up) and Ive seen a car there with people fishing off the bank on the right,we trolled some good snags there a couple of years back and hooked some good fish and lost 3 lures in a row and gave it away.
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Howdy Max that could be the junction of the Adelaide & Margaret by the sound of it :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Chronic wrote:
jimbobbolty wrote:I go fishing there a lot the best time for me is march-may i know a secret back track which is all rock so i can get in there all year round
While 'google earth' is still here nothing is secret anymore :|
Aint that the truth.
I can spend hours on google earth on a hung over sunday checking out new spots I want to visit and how to get there.

Been doing some investigating of cox peninsula area at the moment - heaps of very fishable rock bars you can get to.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Moonman mentioned in the culvet post about the junction of the Margrate and I was up that way on the river the other day.

Muddy and dead is how I would discribe it. :idea: :idea: But hey but that can change overnight in that spot.
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

[quote="Chronic"][quote="jimbobbolty"]I go fishing there a lot the best time for me is march-may i know a secret back track which is all rock so i can get in there all year round[/quote]

While 'google earth' is still here nothing is secret anymore :|[/quote]

Yer i remeber when secret tracks were 'secret'. Still its hard to know what tracks are any good i have tryed some and nearly got bogged
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

FYI anyone thinking about going down the track for a look I can tell you right now you're better off staying at home - unless you're towing a boat down there there ain't no way you'll be getting to the margaret... got past the crossing before marg on the arnhem hwy side, but after that the road turns into a river - drove 500m into it @800mm then it started to get deeper, with no end in site.. methinks it would be like that all the way to the adelaide crossing.. talk about an inland sea - lots and lots of water out there :surf:
Cheers,
Stuch.
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

Awesome I went down a month ago When TC Billie was down Wadeye ish
way . We had'nt had that much rain, and a mate went through just before
and did ok at the Margaret. From St Hwy side. so I went 4 a look. The Crossing was Almost a banker.. Otto creek was 500mm on the way in so I thought Bugger I might go. On the way out all was getting wetter and Otto was over the bonnet of the cruiser, so I Havent been back since...
Also a mate went to the marg. on Sunday by boat . Fished all day, didn't see or hear a thing.Lures,S.P's even resorted to Livebait :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Water was filthy But heaps of it..
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Anyone recently been down???
Image Image
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

You must of read my mind MS I was just about to do a post. Went for a drive sunday arvo. I didn't get very far down the Marrakai track from the Stuart Hwy end maybe 2klms. Being in a two wheel drive I was hopeful maybe delusional about getting through. Turned around and had a look at a few culverts around Berry springs for no fish. Drove back via Finn road to the channel island road. The condition of that road is in poor condition at the moment aswell. :mrgreen: NIKO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Thanks for the info Niko :mrgreen:. How about Marrakai Rd
from the Arhnem anyone know of it's condition???, be good
to know as I reckon its the better side to fish :wink: .
Image Image