Ludmilla Barra

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
craigrachow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ludmilla Barra

Post by craigrachow »

was driving to east point yesterday arvo to catch the high tide and by sheer luck happen to see a young fella land a 40-50ish cm barra just under the bridge. looked like fun and im defiantly keen to check the spot out when its high tide again.
conditions were 1 hour before the high of about 6.5 or whatever it was and it at 5pm.

attached is a picture of the approx location. i cant remember exactly where it was and its a bit hard to see from GE but there is a water crossing which is fairly noticeable from the road when your driving past it and there were about 6 or so people fishing the water that was coming from under the road.

if anyone goes down there please post your success storys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Yeah craig thats Ludmilla, or racecourse, creek.
Theres a few bazzas in there, mostly rats. Sure can be a popular little bridge.
There always seems to be someone pulling decent sized fish out of there every year but they're few and far between.
bandit

Post by bandit »

i call it racehorse creek salad man :P

:lol:
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

horses for courses i reckon.
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

I seen a local coming out of the mangroves there one day (about 10 years ago) with a barra over his shoulder and the tail was almost dragging on the ground it would have gone 90+ easy, in his other hand was his gear, the trusy coke bottle handline. Never fished it myslef but a good spot for Mullet on the big tides.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

i go down there heaps, always plenty of big mullet hanging around, i use scat there for live bait and best there is 80cm, lots of hard hours put into that spot, believe it or not u do get a few good muddies out of there on the big tides. i fish the side with the big concrete pipe there
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
craigrachow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by craigrachow »

went there this morning just as the high was outgoing. started off on the racecourse side and 3rd cast hoked me up a awesome flathead 30-35cm. caught on a small gold classic i think the lure is (its my fave). didnt end up keeping him much to my dads disgrace.

fished for another hour or so just exploring the easy to get to places around the tunnels. saw a round crab pot but it looked baited and empty.

lots of gars and mullet cruising around.

defiantly will go there again to hopefully catch the incoming one day.

recommend going on a 6.5+ tide.