lee point / East Point

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
seb_haba

lee point / East Point

Post by seb_haba »

HI just trying to find out some info on Lee Point for a land based fishing session thinking of heading out there on wednesday (neap tides, 3tide day) i have never fished there before any help would be grateful thanks Then thinking of trying East point on the thursday but i have never fished it this late in the year .

wuhc01

Re: lee point / East Point

Post by wuhc01 »

seb_haba wrote:HI just trying to find out some info on Lee Point for a land based fishing session thinking of heading out there on wednesday (neap tides, 3tide day) i have never fished there before any help would be grateful thanks Then thinking of trying East point on the thursday but i have never fished it this late in the year .
Do a search heaps of info on here for east and lee point.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Lee Point is usually fished on spring high tides, usually in the morning, but there are rocky patches on the Shoal Bay side of the point that are worth a cast on the low.

East Point has spots that can be fished at various stages of the tide, the most westward extension of the point is probably the pick for pelagics, but there are barra in the shallows on the Ludmilla side.

Probably won't be any good when windy at this time of year, unless blowing offshore and the water clears a bit.

Good casting rod and chromies or poppers works for the trevs, skinnies and macks. Best at East Point early morning and dusk.
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Went for a flick as lee point this morning.
Wind blowing its tits of and water coffee color.
Wait until the monsoon has passed for some calmer days.
Fish the end of the reef on the turn of the low on these tides with cromies and poppers
seb_haba

Post by seb_haba »

yeh thanks wel recon will start at east point tomorrow see how it goes if its bad i might just head to stokes hill wharf