Landbased Pilbara Barra

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Daisy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Landbased Pilbara Barra

Post by Daisy »

G'day all, just thought I'd post up my latest landbased effort, my bro' inlaw Frank had some recent success at this spot recently (including a suspected metery but he didn't have a measuring board). Myself, Frank and Adam (the Barra virgin) left around 2 in the arvo with a low at around 5:30 and started casting SP's (mainly Slickrig Dropbears 100-130mm), saw Skinny from Just Tackle rock up across the way and said Hello. Another mate Maso and his wife Mandy and son Toby also paid us a visit.
Although we got a few hits we didn't get a fish till after 6 with myself hooking up to a nice fiesty Baz jumping and pulling heaps of string, Maso netted it and we measured it off at 81, while I was lining it up on the Brag Mat I lost my footing and went arse up into the drink slicing my fingers up on the oysters OUCH!!, released the fish and went and washed myself up picking the bits out with a hook.
Next to hook up was Adam who's fish came out all silver and we called it for his first Baz, he got it under control and a nice Queeny came to the rocks, spewin'. Still picking shell out of my fingers the boys had some fun with a few Tealeaf Trevs, I looked up as one of Franks fish neared the rocks to see a nice Barra slide into view, leaping into action I scrambled down the rocks and landed it going 76. Spurred on by that fish I recommenced casting pretty soon got a near twin to my first at 81.5 as the sun went down.
In the twilight I clipped on a Skitterpop and was working it in the quiet water on the leeside of the rockbar and was rewarded with a strike on my 5th cast, unfortunately it didn't hook up sending the lure sailing through the air. As I wound it up Frank hooked up and landed a nice 80. We were just getting into casting again when a squall rocked up from the NNE and with winds up to 45 knots it chased us off the rocks. All in all a very enjoyable arvo.

Cheers, Daisy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Happiness is having fishy fingers with a stiff rod in your hand!!!
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.
4x4xfar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 4x4xfar »

Nice one mate, good colours too.
Always a risk with the oysters hey, I had a mate who grated one side of his leg off on oysters years ago after falling from a bank of rocks!
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

looks like a great spot daisy and awsome pics, bl..dy hell those fingers look sore
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great fishing Daisy, well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

PS from the other place

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Regards Dick
Daisy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Daisy »

Cheers fellas, I had those steel spiked booties on too but no good on some surfaces :| .
Why thankyou Dick :P , such a considerate bloke :grin:
Happiness is having fishy fingers with a stiff rod in your hand!!!
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.