Cullen Bay Rocks

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Soro81
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cullen Bay Rocks

Post by Soro81 »

Hey guys,

Anyone got any photo's from Cullen bay rocks at low tide. I plan to fish it in tomorrow from 5am ish to 9am. any tips for the area would be great also.

having the worst dry spell.

kingsley_z
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cullen Bay Rocks

Post by kingsley_z »

Go and get the $2 Darwin Land Based fishing book from Fishing and Outdoor world. Pretty sure it has aerial photos of high and low tide of there and lots of other places.
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by CharFin »

Jump into Google earth and zoom in, click the historic photo button and look for a map photo taken at low tide. My mobile version of earth doesn't have the historic photo function so do it on a desktop. I use Google earth for all my fishing spots, to plan trips and to convert to a file for my GPS. I find the light pole just before the spur and the very end produce some ok fish. Top of the tide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Hey Charfin how hard is it to convert to sounder and also approx how big an area can you convert, heard about it but no idea how you do it.

cheers Craig
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by CharFin »

I meant just the waypoints not the map. Save as .kml file then convert to a .usr file for lowrance. The mobile app version of navionics allows a Google earth overlay on the non water areas so maybe there is a way.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

I have the files already converted Craig, give me a call and I'll pass them on
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi Soro81,

The Cullen Bay Rocks fish better on a high tide than on a low tide.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Craig G,
When you first download Google Earth the GPS position located in the bottom right corner will be in Degrees, Minutes, Seconds. Where ever you move your courser over the screen the program will give you a GPS position. You will need to change this to Degrees, Decimal Minutes so it will be compatible with your current GPS. This is done by selecting "Tools", then "Options" which will bring up the below screen. Select Degrees, Decimal Minutes. Now where ever your courser is you will have the GPS position that can be put into your handheld or boat GPS...

Richie
Mad KEEN!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

craig.g wrote:Hey Charfin how hard is it to convert to sounder and also approx how big an area can you convert, heard about it but no idea how you do it.

cheers Craig
It is not too hard Craig. For Lowrance you will need to bits of software, SAS.Planet and Navionics Map Creator (IMC). The how is more complicated but if you search the forum for these you will find a link to a good youtube tutorial with all the details.

Dan