Crocs at hicks rd culverts

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Crocs at hicks rd culverts

Post by goldfish »

Did a lap of the Howard River culverts last night.Spotted 3 crocs at this one one of them a 1.5 to 2m freshie but couldn't get a good look at the other two they both submerged immediately as we lit them up. :banghead:

Just keep your eyes peeled, kids in a safe spot and dogs on the ute as it's not even a 1km off the main river.

Saw a few small rat barra and a bit of tiny baitfish and baby cherabin all about 10 -25mm long in our travels.

Got 2 keepers for our efforts. It wasn't too bad for a couple of hours of casting they were both about 65cm but not caught off here.

:drinking8:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Crocs at hicks rd culverts

Post by qiksix »

We found one in a bog hole on the main access road into the howard swawp on the quads yesterday! Only a little fella, 700-800 long.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Cheers Goldfish. My son & his mates go down there fairly regularly. Been trying to warn them about the risks

Cheers Goldfish. My son & his mates are regulars (just had him read your post). I work at a local high school & will pass the word.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Have you/could you call the sighting in, Goldfish?
WhatFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WhatFish »

Turning from Whitewood onto Hicks last week, saw a red eye on the edge of the water but by the time I stopped and backed up, it was gone. So wasn't really sure what it was.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

I've phoned it in & let the Lutheran College know as well. Think it was Tommy Nichols I was speaking to. He did say there's a trap in that creek, though I'm assuming it's further down (unless it went in recently). They're going to look into it.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Seen them there Sat night as well. Not a lot of bait fish around
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present