central queensland yeppoon rocky

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
keenfisho24
Gold Member
Gold Member

central queensland yeppoon rocky

Post by keenfisho24 »

about a month ago we were on holidays up around central Queensland rockhamton yeppoon area.
we were only there for around 7 days but managed to fit some good fishing sessions. sorry no photos yet. not too many landbased fish but its better than i thought it would be after a while. our first fish was down on the fitzroy near bridge first from barrage. bad tides close to no movement and only 1 eel. hooked a large mudcrab but also managed to not catch that. the next trip was a bit more adventurous fishing the cooromon creek system walking about a k across a mudflat then walking through dense mangroves before reaching the spot a open bank access to the water. this was one of my dads favourite spots growing up for catching huge grunter over 50 cm and large jewfish at night. when we got there not much going on. as the tide started to pick up we caught 4 big whiting about 30cm each and later on a undersized grunter 35cm. we then put some mullet baits out managing to catch 1 jewie each. mine 40 and dads about 10cm bigger which were both undersized. by the time we left it was dark and we almost managed to make our way back to the car. we were welcomed home by the lovely smell of lab in the oven. the highlight of the trip was probably great keppel island. we arrived set up cabins and walked around to the rocks on the west side of the island. we landed many large cod. lots of small colourful specimens, small tricky snapper and a large guitarfish.a goodnights sleep and the next day we went snorkelling around the east side of the island. the scenery was beautiful and it wasnt long before we were in the water. we swam out towards the reef and managed to see a bunch of fish including, gts cod, snapper plus turtles and much more. with the large number of coral trout and other tasty fish i was so tempted to just put a bait above them however it was a no fish zone. our ferry came and we had to go. the next trip was out byfield national park fishing corio bays sandy point. not much apart from some sicklefish and few undersized grunter. it was time to go back home and i certainly enjoyed this trip.