Timor Leste fishing charters

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
WheelerIn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Timor Leste fishing charters

Post by WheelerIn »

G'day

Trying to organise a trip to Timor in early November. I have searched the Internet for information with limited success.

Can anyone throw ideas or contacts on fishing charters preferably live aboard. Bout 8 fellas for 4 - 5 days.

Cheers :mrgreen:

ADZ
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Timor Leste fishing charters

Post by fishfanatic »

Hope you like chicken n rice... :D
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
WheelerIn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WheelerIn »

:D yeah read the posts on here bout the chicken and rice saga. Been to Bali a million times so hopefully my practice in having Bali belly will get me through :mrgreen:
ADZ
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Get up towards Tutuala, land of big fish up there.
NT pirate
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NT pirate »

We did a a fair few reccys for setting up the Nov 2011 fishing comp over that way. While there were a few reasonable charter vessels operating out of Dili the only one that springs to mind that would have been suitable for comfortable live aboard was the Island Explorer which i beleive is now back in Darwin. The others were about 8- 11 mtr vessels for day charters, although i'm sure they would consider extended trips. Try the dive shops there and they should be able to put you on to somebody.

Definitely worth getting up to the north eastern tip around Jaco Island. Some dinosaur sized nasty doggies there and god knows what else in those very deep dark blue canyons.
Captain Imagine

Post by Captain Imagine »

Gday all,

I have started an offshore fishing charter and boat hire business here. Im just trying to get the adverts out at the moment. Let me know if you plan to come up anytime time soon and we can definitely organise something for you.
Facebook page "Fishing Timor Leste" email [email protected]

Peace be the journey...