Fishing trip to Borneo Sabah Oct 07

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
jobfish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fishing trip to Borneo Sabah Oct 07

Post by jobfish »

Fishing trip to Borneo
Sabah Malaysia
October 07

Having recently returned from a very successful fishing trip in the South China Sea with 10 Kiwis, I am now planning the next trip.
It is planned for October 07; dates are yet to be firmed up but will be arranged to suit those going.
Itinerary
Leave Australia on Royal Brunei airlines
Arrive Kota Kinabalu (KK) 8:30pm same day
I meet the group at the airport and take them to their accommodation. Check out this website for details of the accommodation: www.penthousekk.com
Spend 2 to 3 days in KK
Day 1 of fishing trip :
Take bus / boat to Labuan to meet up with fishing boat
Depart same day for Layang Layang, 18 hours sailing; trolling most of the way.
The next 6 days are spent fishing around Royal Charlotte Reef, Marivelles Reef, Erica Reef, Investigator Reef, and many more in this area of the Spratly group of reefs.

Target Species
Include Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Broad Bill Swordfish, Yellow Fin, Dogtooth Tuna, Giant Trevally GTs, Wahoo, Barracuda, Escolar, Giant Grouper plus many more.
Fishing Techniques
Trolling, Bottom Fishing, Popping and jigging
Fishing gear.
You have to bring your own rods and reels for the above types of fishing; we will be bottom fishing in deeps of up to 300 meters so you need plenty of good braid. There are good fishing shops in KK to buy anything else anyone wants at a very good price.

Day 7: Arrive back in Labuan, stay that night in Waterfront Hotel and return to KK next day.
Next 2 to 3 days can be used to visit places of interest -- e.g. famous diving islands, Orang-Utan Sanctuary, a jungle resort. There is a good variety of choices for things to do in Sabah.
This is only a rough overview of the trip. Once we get the group together we can fine-tune it to suit all.
Numbers are limited to 10 for the fishing trip, but if some wives would like to join the tour without going fishing they can stay in KK while we are away on the boat – or it is quite OK for them to join the fishing trip.
For more information email [email protected]
App cost$A3500.00

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

ad

Post by Matt Flynn »

Jobfish, if you want to put blatant advertisements on my forum in future you will have to dress them up better than this - my readers want pictures and information, not free plugs for commercial charters.

I'll leave this post coz it is a bit different being Borneo and all, but any future plugs for charter businesses etc will be deleted unless they are informative and with great pictures or video.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jobfish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: ad

Post by jobfish »

Matt Flynn wrote:Jobfish, if you want to put blatant advertisements on my forum in future you will have to dress them up better than this - my readers want pictures and information, not free plugs for commercial charters.

I'll leave this post coz it is a bit different being Borneo and all, but any future plugs for charter businesses etc will be deleted unless they are informative and with great pictures or video
Hi Matt
Sorry it was not ment be be read that way.
I found the fishing so great up there and want to go back with a group of fisherman it is not a money making thing for me it is a cost shearing trip
I do not run commercial charters just a keen fisherman. Well try and add some photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

plug

Post by Matt Flynn »

That's more like it! Thanks :mrgreen:

What's that red fish called? Don't think I have seen them down here around Darwin.
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

that sure is a wierd looking critter that red one :o :o :o

what about fishing in 300mtrs!!!

Man, that is a few cranks of the old TLD15 eh :???: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: especially with two snapper leads on her :rofl:

I reckon i would be ready for a :sleep: after that session
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

KK you would be OK..there are no sleepy sharks up there to knock you up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ya big sook :grin: :grin:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
jobfish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jobfish »

Kevin Kevinson wrote:that sure is a wierd looking critter that red one :o :o :o

what about fishing in 300mtrs!!!

Man, that is a few cranks of the old TLD15 eh :???: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: especially with two snapper leads on her :rofl:

I reckon i would be ready for a :sleep: after that session
You are right we court some great fish most of the fishing was done at night we used live flying fish and squid and jigging as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

What is that red one jobfish??

Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
jobfish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jobfish »

Chronic wrote:What is that red one jobfish??

Yep it is a type of jobfish
Daisy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Daisy »

I seen some of these things in a market in Northern Thailand and the dude caled them what could only be translated into Flame tailed Snapper. I bought it and it was very nice.
Happiness is having fishy fingers with a stiff rod in your hand!!!
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.