Extended fishing charters – here or overseas

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Extended fishing charters – here or overseas

Post by nomad »

I'm looking at doing an extended charter on a good mothership.
Charters on True North etc are up around the $10K mark for the week. Has anyone here been on them and are they worth it?
Also, I’ve been thinking about something close to home (possibly around Bali etc) or Fiji, Vanuatu etc
Any ideas

itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Extended fishing charters – here or overseas

Post by itsinmeblood »

Png? Darwin-Cairns-Port Moresby, doesn't get much closer than that for true remote fishing, there's an unbelievable variety of fishing there too
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Mate 10k for a week, they are having a laugh! For half that you could fish Fiji, or PNG and gain the benefit experiencing another culture in the mix. Just my thoughts, I don't need to be treated like a king, just experience something new and get in some good fishing!
No matter where you go, there you are!
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sweaty »

http://www.oceanbluefishing.com/fishing ... ure-trips/

What a show where they spent 5 days fishing there. . It was incredible! !
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Jeno wrote:Mate 10k for a week, they are having a laugh! For half that you could fish Fiji, or PNG and gain the benefit experiencing another culture in the mix. Just my thoughts, I don't need to be treated like a king, just experience something new and get in some good fishing!
True North - Its actually worse than i thought $12/10 days and everything else is extra. Not for me.

The Vanuatu one looks ok. Thanks sweaty
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

PNG is the go for the fishing side of life. A couple lads I know went over and they donged all sorts of different bass and hundreds of barra. They said they were thumbing meter long barra and scull dragging them to the boat because they had landed that many of them and they wanted to get some black bass. Vanuatu might be better for the all round holiday though. "Nomad fishing charters" off the great barrier reef might also be an option.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Ive spoken to a few friends who have done both the Kimberley trips (more money than sense) and they said its mainly an expedition trip with fishing thrown in as a side show.

Ive contacted Nomad charters and they have me on their standby list for the extended Coral sea trips.. They are much more $than the Vanuatu ones. Vanuatu is lodge based but fishing is the main attraction

Ive got a few mates who also want to come along ( and before anyone starts up, yes i do have mates :fu: )
Jackh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Jackh »

Adrenalin barra and billfish has a 10 day trip going at the moment for 5k. Across the top of aus. Id be on that if i had a lazy 5k hanging around. Who has that though when you've got a mortgage in darwin.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Another good one is Mal Miles from the Darwin Bluewater Charters. His boat isn't as great as the other two but still reasonably comfortable. He is a guru fisherman and a vary professional yet casual sort of guy. Loves what he does. He knows the Kimberlies inside out and probably doesnt charge quite as much as the others (Dont know exact but assuming due to boat expenses). May be worth a phone call. he loves to explore all the waterfalls and paintings in the Kimberly bays if you are into a bit of sight seeing on top of the fishing.
Lumborghini
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Lumborghini »

Nomad, I am looking into a trip to Samoa, mate of mine did one a few years back and he was there for 10 days and had change from 4k, the fishin is meant to be insane.
Lumbo,

If i'm too drunk to walk I'll rock the party on crutches...
Wrighty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wrighty »

A mate has been trying to get me onto a trip to Scott Reef, North WA with him for next year. Bit outa my price range for a weeks fishing but would be an awesome trip. Boat is called Reel Teaser. Trip is 7 days, 8 nights. 240NM north of Broome. About $7000 per person, that includes tackle and food. BYO p..s. Marlin, sails, swordfish, doggies, wahoo, GT's, trout, maori wrasse etc etc. As well as snorkelling/swimming in the middle of the reef. Would be pretty epic but the 7 grand part is out of my reach for a fishing trip
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Thanks fellas. I've got a lot of googling to do :bow: