CANADA ??

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

CANADA ??

Post by ponyplay »

Hi was wondering if any one has done any
fishing over there . Just after thumbs up on decent guides or areas to try, bit long shot but thought put it out there. cheers in advance curt :mrgreen:

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: CANADA ??

Post by Matt Flynn »

Try a PM to 'olfella' on this forum, also I think Warren de With from Katherine Rod and Rifle has been there too, either Alaska or Canada, catching halibut.

Take your balaclava, a mate there says it is -25C in winter and 30C+ in summer, makes Tassie look like the tropics.
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Ya gotta catch a Sturgeon for us!!

Have a great trip and take a travel fly rod with ya ;-)
Cheers

Sy
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

a mate of mine went a few years back had a fat time chucking metal slices for salmon but walked a long way out on a sand/pebble bar in the river and had a big arse bear come sit between him and the way back home...lucky it was summer so he had plenty of daylight to wait it out until the bear wandered off
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

itsinmeblood wrote:a mate of mine went a few years back had a fat time chucking metal slices for salmon but walked a long way out on a sand/pebble bar in the river and had a big arse bear come sit between him and the way back home...lucky it was summer so he had plenty of daylight to wait it out until the bear wandered off

If that was me I'd spend the next week sitting in a log cabin sucking on my thumb rocking backwards and forwards ... and seriously get on the :drinking2:
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Don't try to pat the moose, as my mother-in-law did, upon arrival at the lodge. She was told, in no uncertain terms, that this is not on. More people killed by moose than any other animal in Canada. But you've got to love their big doughy eyes when they're raking you to death with their antlers....