New bloke

seagull

New bloke

Post by seagull »

Hi all, I just joined the forum and have been cruising around it for a couple of hours. Found some pretty helpful stuff...thanx.
About myself, I live in Jabiru and mostly fish the mouth of the South Alligator and surrounding areas. Sometimes the local billabongs too. Get onto some nice jewies out the front. Big trip though.. 80 odd kms from the boat ramp to the mouth.
Boat..2003 Trailcraft 4.7 runabout
Motor... 2006 90 hp merc 4 stroker

jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Welcome Seagull :cheers:

Much water out there yet?
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

good to have more members seagull.

happy with the boat. just a personal intrest
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
seagull

Post by seagull »

Yeah Justin, happy with the boat.
Although it does not have as much casting space at the front as an open boat, it suits me as I mostly fish with baits or troll, it gives some pretty good protection from the weather too. As far as handling goes, pretty quick with the new 90hp (used to have a 60hp on it), good fuel economy now on those long trips, handles the chop pretty well although does get a bit more bouncy sitting at the front of course. Quite stable at rest and plenty of flat deck space for rolling out the swags overnight.
Got it 2nd hand from Cunninghams marine in Redcliff Qld about 18 months ago and got the new motor from ABC marine in Winellie.
Life's better with a boat!
Not much water out here yet but has been some good fish taken from Yellow Water and the East Alligator at times but looking forward to a good runoff this season.