Yeeda Station access - Fitzroy River

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yeeda Station access - Fitzroy River

Post by Matt Flynn »

Station owner cracking down because of rubbish etc ... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-20/k ... nd/8634828

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Yeeda Station access - Fitzroy River

Post by goldfish »

Action like this could be on the cards in areas like Hardies Lagoon on the mary after pulling out i did the righty and picked up a bit of rubbish and the usual sh!t paper around the launch site.

Every time I went round another corner there was more....

I ended up spending over an hour tidying up behind these fkn grubs getting half a garbag of rubbish including some from Maccas. And I would have burnt about half a km of dunny roll and non biodegradeable wet wipes stashed every where.

WTF. SORT OF W@NKERS DO THIS.

I used to blame it on the tourists but now they are moving up here by the thousands and calling themselves ''locals'' ....... if you bought it out take it home!!!!! some of the empties i found while fishing were well off into the hard to acess areas. Seems you can carry your bevvy for miles but once its empty it suddenly weighs a ton !!!!! The owners woud definitely get the sh!ts if they saw it before I picked up the piles of refuse being left behind ..... the bins were a 150m walk at the most from a lot of it.

Set a good example as fishermen and keep the spots accessible to the next generation or they'll lock all of us out. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the cart but we owe it to the next generation of angler and their kids to look after it and pick up a bit of the cr.p left behind by the DH crews out there now. I know if i had to put up with that at home theres no way I'd let the grubs back in. I'd lock the gates permanently ...problem solved.

Sad to see , it seems to be getting harder to find a spot thats not being abused nowadays.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Yeeda Station access - Fitzroy River

Post by Dick »

Whilst its most likely not a deliberate act but the rubber vine being controlled at that location most likely came from a visitor from Queensland (where its prolific) who pulled in to fish the river. Not sure what the costs attributed to that program are but ours in the East Kimberley is about 100K a year. Would be similar I'd think. That's an example of the Biosecurity flag Jack is waving in that press release.
Regards Dick