SHADY

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Deadly a salt
Gold Member
Gold Member

SHADY

Post by Deadly a salt »

Can any one tell me the water levels at the shady barrage at the moment.
Is it worth fishing there or give it a miss

craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SHADY

Post by craig.g »

Plenty of water, whether its fishng any good is another story, few fishing there Sunday when we pulled out didnt notice any caught but werent there long

good luck
cheers Craig
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Worth a crack on usually high tides over 5.4....then fish till the rocks come out.

take yr spiked reef boots if you want to cross it it's pumping over be careful with the crocs when you've landed one and it's flapping around.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
BarraBob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BarraBob »

Went to mouth of sampan on friday for high tide only a couple of boats, heaps of bait plenty blue nose salmon. Got 3 barra 2 90cm and one 87. Dropped 2 about the same size. Awesome day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

BarraBob wrote:Went to mouth of sampan on friday for high tide only a couple of boats, heaps of bait plenty blue nose salmon. Got 3 barra 2 90cm and one 87. Dropped 2 about the same size. Awesome day.
You didn’t keep the 2 x 90cm fish did you?
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

Very quiet yesterday 4/3 not many boats. not much bait. Tommy mouth was our best spot. road ok at 7pm but if more people do donuts on it will go bad
tight lines
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

With you lats but it looks like it unless a triple hookup but aint illegal!!

cheers Craig
FITZY
Seadog
Seadog

Post by FITZY »

big fine on the cards if those 2 90cm fish were kept
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango »

Oops

From nt.gov.au site

Barramundi
No 55cm minimum overall length, minimum fillet length 27cm.
Mary River Fish Management Zone and Daly River Fish Management Zone: 90cm maximum overall length, three per person possession limit and vessel limit of 1 fish over 90cm overall length.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
BarraBob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BarraBob »

Yes we did keep all 3 barra. 3 blokes 1 fish each not unreasonable in my book . Rules state for Mary river management zone 90cm maximum size limit 1 fish OVER 90cm per boat 3 fish per person possession limit. Our fish were not over 90cm so we are within the rules. Could of kept 9 with 3 blokes on board if we wanted but didn't. I understand possession and size limits are made to sustain the stocks. It is each individuals decision wether to keep fish or not as long as they are within the rules. We all have different opinions thats what makes us individuals and why our society is great. I should not have to justify myself as i have if people new the rules and kept there personal opinions to themselves. This is fishing site . I shared my experiences of that day to let others know how the fishing was not to have to explain myself. From now on i won't be sharing any info other than to enter the comp . Thanks
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

You won't be the 1st to have been hunted off this site by the pedantic bureaucratic keyboard Nazis Bob - don't let em get to ya and stick on :|

I personally find the text of the reg very contradictory :-
90cm maximum overall length, three per person possession limit and vessel limit of 1 fish over 90cm overall length

Appears to me to be saying No fish over 90cm then goes on to say but CAN take x1 over 90cm per boat :?
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango »

Was not meant as a shot Bob - had not long ago had a look at the limits (not that I have ever caught anything anywhere near that size, so awesome job), and I also found the regs to be ambiguous somewhat - was just providing for reference
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I think there's a big difference between those banging on about their personal preference and those out lining that you may have inadvertently broken a bag limit.
They have to draw a line some where on the ruler. And it's 900mm. so 899 mm fine, 900 not fine. I would want to be extreamly confident of my measurements before risking my boat and gear on a mm. Reckon if you said you got a few 89.99 then you wouldn't have had the negative comments, I can't comment of if I would be necking them that big, as I have never been there haha. I fished tommy on the same day, for bugger all. Had a mate at swim for 1. Did better than I did.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

mickkk wrote:... so 899 mm fine, 900 not fine ......
Not the way I read it .
900mm fine, 901mm not fine ??

The ambiguity to me is whether 1 per boat is or is not allowable .....
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Slug is correct in saying that the rules are terribly written. And just to clarify, I'm not trying to hunt anyone off the site. I asked the question because with my interpretation of the rules I believed he might have accidentally broken the rules.

Bob, it looks like a great days fishing. I hope my next trips are that good. I'm jealous as. However, your interpretation of that rule differs from Fisheries. I asked them the question on FB because you make a good point and got this response....

A personal possesion limit of 3 barrumundi under 90cm & A Vessel limit of 1 barrumundi over 90cm overall length.
90 cm is your max 1 for vessel limit