reliable giude for darwin harbour

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
al57
Seadog
Seadog

reliable giude for darwin harbour

Post by al57 »

hi all ,i am coming back up to darwin for the first time in 20 years ,i lived there for 5 years in late 1990s to early 2000s.fished the harbour a lot ,especia;;y shoal bay lee point areas .question is is there a good reliable guide you men can put me onto in october for a fish around shoal bay area ,cheers AL

Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: reliable giude for darwin harbour

Post by Richieboy »

Reliable? By reliable do you mean can reliably put you onto fish OR reliable as in won't let you die and provides a great day out.

Sometimes the fish don't always play the game so fishing and reliable in the same sentence is often deceiving. If you're after the best of both worlds I'd say Bob Morris Shoal Bay.

PS: although I did hear he got stuck on a sandbar for the first time in about 25 years and spent the night in the Howard recently. Even the best can have an off day eh.

Richie
Mad KEEN!
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Richieboy wrote:Reliable? By reliable do you mean can reliably put you onto fish OR reliable as in won't let you die and provides a great day out.

Sometimes the fish don't always play the game so fishing and reliable in the same sentence is often deceiving. If you're after the best of both worlds I'd say Bob Morris Shoal Bay.

PS: although I did hear he got stuck on a sandbar for the first time in about 25 years and spent the night in the Howard recently. Even the best can have an off day eh.

Richie
id be selling that accident as value for money , two trips in one :)
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Chris Hurt at Fishing and Outdoor World does harbour charters, probably does Shoal Bay, good long-term operator
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

Richieboy wrote:Reliable? By reliable do you mean can reliably put you onto fish OR reliable as in won't let you die and provides a great day out.

Richie
sorry ,i meant reliable as can rely on him getting there on time and has good knowledge of shoal bay .yes even in territory some days fish just dont want to play the game
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

Matt Flynn wrote:Chris Hurt at Fishing and Outdoor World does harbour charters, probably does Shoal Bay, good long-term operator
thanks matt will look him up too