PNG Black bass/ jungle perch

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

PNG Black bass/ jungle perch

Post by pagey »

hi all
i am heading to png soon on the great grey mother ship for a month or so and was wondering if anybody has been there before. if so have they sampled the highly regarded black bass/ jungle perch fishery. Am going to give it a go while i am up there and just try winging it and talking to locals. any info from forums readers would be a great bonus though. look forward to any replies.
Cheers
Pagey

will post some pics if successful.

a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PNG

Post by Matt Flynn »

Lucky bugger. Take the camera, and an extra spool of braid, that's the only advice I can give.
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Black bass.

Post by chanos »

10kg stick abu 7000 or equivalent 50lb braid, drag done up with pliers, BIG lure, eg CD 18 chuck near any snag and bl..dy hang on. Jungle Perch are only a small, clear water fish......... do you mean spot tails? these take over from the black bass the further up the river you go. They both take poppers as well.

Most north coast PNG rivers have them.as well as Bouganville, new britain and the northern solomons.

Chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

well thanks for the imput guys but as it turns out the big grey mother ship had other ideas and the trip shall have to wait for another time. am really upset though was looking forward to the experience. although i wasnt prepared asi didnt have a spare spool of braid matt.

cheers
Pagey
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'