Picnic day weekend getaway

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Davi-D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Picnic day weekend getaway

Post by Davi-D »

Gday fellas I'm chasing your input on where to go for a weekend camping trip dragging the boat with me. I'd like to go to Kakadu and was thinking either 2 mile or 4 mile as I'm still looking for a bl..dy barra. Also have never been to Kakadu so thats has some good appeal too. Open to all ideas. TIA

Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Picnic day weekend getaway

Post by Melv »

Plenty of options to choose from Davi-D. Yellow Waters, Mardagul, Home and Jim Jim Billabongs all within close proximity of each other. Can camp or glamp at Cooinda (Yellow Waters) with standard camp sites at the others. Red Lily, Bucket and Alligator are all open as is 2 Mile. 4 Mile is still closed i believe. Upstream East Alligator is another option. Close your eyes and point at the map. All of them should be fishing OK, certainly should be plenty of rats about if the local billabongs are any indication and always a chance of better fish once you get a place sussed.

Taking the family to Cooinda next weekend, plenty of fishing options plus a few falls (relatively) close by to kill time with a bit of a swim in the middle of the day. Or just kick back with a coldie in the pool..... :fishy: :drinking5:

:cheers:
Melv
Davi-D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Picnic day weekend getaway

Post by Davi-D »

That sounds pretty damn fine. Cooinda will definitely moving up on my list. Somewhere with a few falls and/or swimming holes will be at the top of my list. Dont mind roughing it out though. That time of year will be perfect to sleep in the swag