No idea NT!!!

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
witty112

No idea NT!!!

Post by witty112 »

Hey all,

Any advice, hint, or tips here would be more then appreciated!! I am from Central Queensland and heading up to the Territory on the 9th of September. I know its not the best time for fishing (Arguably) up there but as time would have it, its really the only time we can do the trip. I am undecided if I will drag the boat up yet (4.7m Stes with a 40hp Suz) towed by a 05 3.0L GU lifted patrol. It will be myself and my old man and I am really unsure where we are heading. We have 14days in total so 3 days up 8 days camping/fishing and 3 days back. I was thinking of shady camp but from what I have read it is prob the wrong time of year. The Roper is an option. I have found it hard to find any info up there this time of year. I was wondering if anyone had and advice or info on where to start on both camping and fishing. I am very open and travelling will not be an issue. Thanks heaps guys!! :D

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: No idea NT!!!

Post by Matt Flynn »

Mouth of the Roper could be a great option if the wind holds off and you don't mind bush camping.

Shady Camp coast in the buildup requires calm conditions and neaps, but you do have freshwater options there also.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Billabongs all through Kakadu with a range of campibg options. Easy to fish for short periods and tie up to the bank. The harbours should fish well too
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

You could fish the macarthur at kab and camp down batten point.

Bm
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
witty112

Post by witty112 »

Thank you everyone for your advice. I have been doing a lot of research and the McArthur def sounds great at the moment. I don't know exactly what I am doing yet but will keep you posted. Cheers!!!!