Fishing Alone?

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...

Who fishes alone if you havn't got a deckie inshore or offshore

only when close inshore
41%
never
18%
always
41%

Total votes: 17

BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fishing Alone?

Post by BEAR »

does any one here fish alone out of the boat if they can't find a deckie even if if going offshore?

Glenn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Glenn »

Nah, I've never done it alone. But I think I'll have to start soon. I'm going on a 4 on 4 off roster in November and that means my fishing times wont always align to the mate's fishing times.

Good thing I have a sound system on board. Speaking of which. There has been a bit of chatter going around about music set ups. This is my set:

GME GR100 Radio Head and a couple of GME Waterproof Speakers. Then I have an MP3 player that is loaded up with a few of me favourite tunes. The MP3 Player has a built in FM Transmitter(FM Tx). So all I need to do is tune the Radio to the FM Tx and hey presto. This way I can keep the MP3 Player well protected in a cushioned and waterproof housing.

The speakers I use aren't nightclub quality but they do the trick when listening to the footy and a bit of background music while fishing. Sounds like Walkabout's Boat will be a party on water 8-) That's a good thing because he is about to sell the Party Pontoon :???:

Maybe when I save enough lunch money to afford the 7 Meter Pacific Sportfish Centre Cuddie, I'll have a pimping entertainment system :twisted:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, Whopper in one hand, Beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!!!
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

I do 90% of the time.Probably will be my undoing one day,but ah well. I usually go better when I'm by myself,as i keep moving,do my own thing,etc.Don't have to worry about what others want to do in the boat.When I take out others I tend to sit back a bit more and joke around,if I'm going to do that,I might as well be at the pub,haha.So if I'm fishing seriously,it's by myself generally.
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

alone

Post by flicker »

yeah I used to go by myself all the time when I had my smaller boat but rarely do now with the bigger one ,a bit tricky at some ramps although I have a few times.
you don't know if you don't give it a go