Culverts this afternoon around Darwin River

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Culverts this afternoon around Darwin River

Post by shaggs »

Some pics of the culverts unfortunately I couldn't fish as I have a severely torn rotator cuff
Sorry about the little man in the pics We have taken on the task of taking him on a virtual holliday .He lives in the USA and this is one of his projects for school
ryan 4.jpg
ryan 3.jpg
ryan 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Culvetts this afternoon around Darwin River

Post by theodosius »

Plenty of water around, thanks for the pics
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

That second one fly Creek?
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Did a drive around today too. Tried getting to the Adelaide at Marrakai crossing from the Stuart Highway but the first creek crossing was at 1.2m.

Lots of tarpon and some good bait at Scotts, no barra. Only got one tarpon for the trip. A little longer might see more bait and with it, barra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Scottie5.3 wrote:That second one fly Creek?
Reedbeds Road Scottie
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Barra starting to move up. First legal from the block for the wet. And a nice fish from Scott's
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

Wife and kids wanted a swim at Leanyer Waterpark this afternoon so I thought I'd throw in the new GLoomis/Chronarch combo and wander down Leanyer Drain and flick some plastics. Water doesn't look high enough, not much action around at all except for a powertail and Tarpon.

Thinking about heading to Scotts Creek early morning tomorrow, am I wasting my time heading there? Pretty keen to kill some time throwing plastics around culverts

Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Got a fish at Scott's and brother in law got one also. Can't hurt going for a run
Mattrn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mattrn »

Nice heathly 63cm just on Tuesday around Darwin river just before all the rain hit.
kavera
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Culverts this afternoon around Darwin River

Post by kavera »

What sort of lures are you guys using out there?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

Fished Scotts from 6am this morning through to about 10am.

Very quiet. Met Tim with his boy Max down there and Tim managed to hook-up to a small Barra that would've probably pushed 45-50 which snagged itself around the root system of a tree. Tried to get the boger's onto it along the bank but just managed to knock the fish free - sorry again :bonk:

Plenty of people wandered down there later in the morning, heard some reports that it fished well last night but like I said, apart from Tims Barra and a Saratoga taken on the upstream side, nothing.

Will have another look later down the track. Would be nice if this rain continued though.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Had a flick this arvo at Manton culvet for zip but there was a filleted black carcase freshly left there of a fish about 60cm........Decided to go for a spin to Adelaide river township for a look had a quick flick for zip then went onto Anniversary crk for another donut....they all had good flow as you would expect but just to early.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Got a toga at Scotts this morning, a 40-45 barra at shady and a 50 at cahills. Very slow day and depressing to see the lack of water out that way
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

Hey guys, I'm thinking about going for a drive can anyone tell me how you get to Scotts creek and the like. thanks.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Go towards Berry Springs/Daly River/Finniss area. More water around out that way.