Cape Hotham marks

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Cape Hotham marks

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

G'day experts. I am taking the missus and my son out for a fish on Sunday to Cape Hotham. I have never actually fished there but have traveled past to get to shady. I want to put my young fell into a few goldies/reefies/ anything :rofl: does anyone have any marks they wouldn't mind sharing with me. I hope that's not to much to ask and I would never distribute these onto anyone.
Thanks for any help!

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Cape Hotham marks

Post by Lats »

It will be difficult to fish because the tides will be ripping out that way. You'll need to fish around the tide changes and just keep moving until you find fish. It's a place that gets really rough really fast so be aware of any wind forecasts. Big jewfish near ruby island
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

Lats is correct. The tide change will be about 2pm. I ca'n't give you a plot mark. but if you get to light house and go towards Coburg tip. There are a number of drop offs. You might be surprised how big the fish are 7 mtrs. I don't know how big ur boat is it can scare p[eople
tight lines
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Roger that, I may chance tactics if that is the case. Would you normally want to be fishing this area on neaps?
Thanks for your help lats & 123
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Yes neaps are much easier. Even on neaps you will need a heavy sinker to get to the bottom in some places.
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

No worries mate, your a legend lats!