Camping with crocodiles

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...

Have you ever had a camping-with-crocodiles scare?

Yes
21%
No
57%
I never camp near water
21%

Total votes: 14

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Camping with crocodiles

Post by Matt Flynn »

Food for thought here - the people in the news story thought they were safe camping seven metres from the water at the Four Mile Hole. Not so!

http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common/st ... 69,00.html

Anyone else had a crocodile camping scare?

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Never had a scare but must admit that i always sleep really porrly regardless of where we are - my preference is to sleep up off the ground but not always possible - i wonder if you are more at risk camping in your boat out on the water or on the ground on the bank??
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

Shane Doevy wrote:i wonder if you are more at risk camping in your boat out on the water or on the ground on the bank??
Shane
I guess it depends how big your boat is and how big the crocs are :???:
Gold Can
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gold Can »

It was late last year ,had a mate up from Canberra and we went down to the Daly.
We got there about lunch time had stopped off at Wooliana to book a camp site for the night,jumped back into the car and headed down to the boat ramp and steamed down to the S bends for a fish for a few hours which turned into a pretty good session. Time got away.
Finally I made the D that we should head back before we run out of light,by the time we got to Browns Ck it was pitch black and I missed the channel and beached the boat on the sand bank (tide going out).
Only a half a dozen beers in the esky and one very nervous Southerner in the boat especially when I said that we were not going anywhere for the night.
after cunsumming what was left in the esky I said that I was going to put my head down for some shut eye, then about an hour or so later my mate woke me up in amazed at the number of red eyes surnding the boat, I tried to reassure him that it was Ok but he didn't believe me and proceeded to sit there all night with the torch just watching all the red eyes around the boat.
I might add that I slept alright.
The way to a fishermans heart is through his fly!!