what type of wine do you prefer ???

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

merlot
25%
pinot noir
No votes
shiraz
44%
cab sav
31%
lambrusco
No votes
chardonay
No votes
riesling
No votes
moselle
No votes
savignon
No votes
all of the above
No votes

Total votes: 16

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..........what type of wine is your favourite sort of headache ????

...........do you buy it by the bottle or case or do you rather get cask's ???

............& were is the best place to pick up your supply ???

.................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................

:sailing:

flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

wine

Post by flicker »

Call me uncultured but its all cats p..s if you ask me, :rofl: port is about the only nice stuff and its not real port drinking weather up here. Give me an ice cold beer or spirit anytime. :cheers:

Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
Backlash
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Backlash »

I like Merlot's, Muscat's,Tokay's and Ports but up here its a bit warm to drink the fortified wines so its mainly Merlot. Normally get clean skins from the Kakudu Winery in Palmo where you can bottle them yourself and spend all day wine tasting out the back cellar. Prices are good too.

Cheers

Lash
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

annies lane cab merlot
pepper jack shiraz
churchblock shiraz
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Timbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Timbo »

Like your choice of wines Geoff, I like them all, and a good blend. As long as its from SA then dont think you can go to wrong
Failure is only an event, Not a lifestyle
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..........this is a winery i worked on for a few seasons planting most of the vines & then pruning & training the vines on the cordon wires it was great, the winery is in N.S.W. near Coonabarrabran on a property called South Burloo http://www.blowflywines.com/ they don't have a bad drop either i like the shiraz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

wines

Post by flicker »

Yeah BC, those smaller botique wineries are more likely to have the right stuff in the bottle. I worked for one of the big wine companies for 5 years and they can make red into white and white into red if they want to, if the alcohol is too low they add spirit, if it is too high they add MRW (murray river water).
A lot of the stuff we crushed went interstate in tankers and they called it their own.
Often a wine change on the packaging line meant a box change only, same wine different packaging.
So I am a little sceptical of the experts that pick which side of the hill the grapes were grown on.
What they don't know won't hurt them I spose.

Cheers Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
lutjanus argentimaculatus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by lutjanus argentimaculatus »

i kind of like a nice shiraz in a red, or for white my favourite is a bottle of vasse felix, exsquisit
my friends call me Mangrove Jack %
this is my Boat.

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

...........looks like shiraz is leading up in the polls at the moment but overall red wine is definately the choice of all......... :smoking:

8-) .......... 8-) ............ 8-) .............. 8-) ............ 8-) ............. 8-) ............ 8-) ............ 8-) ........... 8-)

8-) .......... 8-) .......... 8-) ........... 8-) ............ 8-) ............ 8-) ......... 8-) ........... 8-) .......... 8-) ........ 8-) .......... 8-)

..................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................

:sailing:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

wine

Post by Matt Flynn »

What do those turkey things taste like bc - guinea fowl aren't they?

I like merlot myself, mainly because it's hard to find a bad merlot - I can never remember what I bought the last time so I often buy something new :roll:

I bought a French red wine at Woolies recently, I think it was called Bordeaux, $8 a bottle and it was great. Tasted like a blandish merlot. Seeing that it probably cost $4 freight a bottle to get it here, the makers must be giving it away.
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..........actually they taste pretty good Matt i've eaten several, yes they are guinea fowl
...........i think the australians have flooded the world wine market which is great for the consumer and you can get good quality wine at a good price

............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

What wine do I like?????? RED RED RED AND MORE RED

I love the stuff..... I don't mind what it is as long as it tastes good :cheers: :grin:

Wirra wirra church block
Robertsons well
Hardys shield
Bin 444

I drink them all...... even drink them when I fish of the barrage at shady camp :shock:

Oh and don't listen to dodgy's warning on all of his postes.....he just doesn't know what Barrocca is for yet :rofl: :rofl:

[/b]
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

My favourite red wine of all time would have to be..............

THE NEXT ONE!! :cheers:

In a former life I ran a couple of pubs then ended up working with a wine exporter. Most of the stock we handled was from smaller boutique setups and some of it was outstanding, wish I still had a cellar like I had back then....................then again I'd never swap my life up here for all the b/s down south :fishing: :hunting: :cheers: :mrgreen: 8-)
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

used to drink a lot of wine when i was in the hospitality game.

love a good red, particularly the gutsy big reds and red blends out of the clare valley.

but I really grew to love some nice whites after rubbishing white wine for years...in fact I probably enjoy a well done white as much as a red these days.

my favourites

Reds
bin128/389, Kalimna, or if you have the coin St Henri in the Penfolds
Fox Creek shiraz

Whites
Cassegrains Fromenteau Chardonnay
Cassegrain Sem/Sauv Blanc
Petaluma riesling (if you have the $$)
Montana Sav Blanc
Knappstien Sem/Chard

when i used to get wine cheap, I drank some nice stuff....these days, I have to settle for beer a fair bit...
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)