Should USA hit Syria?

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

Should USA hit Syria?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 28

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Should USA hit Syria?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Should USA hit Syria?

stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Should USA hit Syria?

Post by stormboy »

No, Syria should hit USA....
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

not sure, bomb assad and crew and you help the rebels,(some who are known to be taliban and other radicals, and dont bomb assad, and you are kinda saying its ok to use chemicals sometimes....just drop one bomb on Syria, a really really powerful one!
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

America .... F*&$ Yeah!
billy the kid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by billy the kid »

if amarica do respond witch they should aussie troops will be dragged in aswell.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

A new excuse for the war machine to turn over. They are pulling troops out of afghan so now need someone to keep their economy turning. Syria seem like as good a target as any.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

'Yes please' I hear the great nation of war mongers yelling from the mountain tops.

I mean, think of all those people who would lose their jobs in the great manufacturing centers that spew out military hardware.
Remember that involvement in just 2 wars is never enough

The yanks own the world and they cant just stand by and let bad things happen. (unless of course its the yanks doing the bad things and then its OK)
No one should ever kill innocent civilians
(of course yanks are exempt form the above statement - no one really remembers Japan and the 2 massive nukes they dropped on the civvies there do they? that was just soooo long ago)
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

nomad wrote:'Yes please' I hear the great nation of war mongers yelling from the mountain tops.

I mean, think of all those people who would lose their jobs in the great manufacturing centers that spew out military hardware.

The yanks own the world and they cant just stand by and let bad things happen. (unless of course its the yanks doing the bad things and then its OK)
(of course yanks are exempt form the above statement - no one really remembers Japan and the 2 massive nukes they dropped on the civvies there do they? that was just soooo long ago)
them nukes the yanks dropped saved more lives than the deaths they caused
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

ponyplay wrote:
nomad wrote:'Yes please' I hear the great nation of war mongers yelling from the mountain tops.

them nukes the yanks dropped saved more lives than the deaths they caused
That's why we speak English too ..
I'd rather have them on our side than against us!!
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

You must be living in some type of dreamland. I'm sure if old Kevin 07 started dropping nerv gas in palmo you would hope someone would come and help!!
----------------------------
-----------------------------
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Come on palmo really ?? Not right away :) :)
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

You may have guessed by now that im not a fan of the yanks and their treatment of others.

I agree that there is no doubt that the nukeing of the Japenese civilians did put an end to their involvement in WWII.

There is also no doubt that they enjoy being involved in wars. It builds their economy no end

Absolutely better to have them with us than against us but
As for them being on our side, read the ANZUS treaty
http://australianpolitics.com/topics/fo ... reaty-text
The bottom line is
“The ANZUS pact did not commit the US to intervening in the event of an attack on Australia or New Zealand, only to 'consultation', but it was hailed as a great diplomatic success in Australia”
It goes on to say that they MAY decide to assist others if, and only if, it is in the interests of the USA.

Back to the original question. Yes I think they should do a hit and run job on Syria. But if we learn anything by their history, it wont end like that.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

The yanks are damned if they do & damned if they don't. They've got some pretty serious threats coming if they go ahead. Again...history repeating...who are they meant to support in place of Assad family. My understanding is that the militants have been bolstered by hard line Islamists (read Taliban) over the past few years that have crossed borders to enlist their expertice & agendas.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

What's the difference between children dying of Syrian nerve gas, or being blown up by USA munitions, or starving to death because of UN sanctions?

All equally appalling.

If it's about right and wrong, shouldn't the USA be cleaning up the Congo etc?

World is mad. Thankfully, we appear to be among the less mad.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah true Matt.
The world has always been a crazy place and that will never change.
The yanks will only get involved in locations that are of importance to them. they will never again be involved in Africa unless there is something in it for them. (ie oil etc)

one mans terrorist is another s freedom fighter.
Years ago, the Mau Mau 'activists' in Kenya had declared open rebellion against oppressive British rule in Kenya..
I remember reading the British history press as a young bloke who always referred to them as the 'Mau Mau terrorists'. I thought they were terrorists.

Recently in the Nairobi museum, they had an entire section devoted to the struggles and stories of the Mau Mau 'freedom fighters' and how they struggled against the British overlords suppression of their rights.

The victors write the history.
No doubt the current Syrian regime is a shocker. But the opposition is even worse.

I think the UN will to and fro for the usual extended time and then place the bullshit sanctions on them. Nothing will change

Return to “General Polls”