Forum feedback time

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

The FFF site is ...

Excellent
87%
Good
12%
Average
No votes
Below Average
No votes
Poor
2%

Total votes: 52

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Forum feedback time

Post by Matt Flynn »

OK all, here's your chance to sing FFF praises or stick the boot in.

We now have 400+ members, Metre Barra stickers, FFF Member stickers and a VIP section with some videos (more to come), as well as the World Fishing Map, and an associated blog site.

But is FFF as good as it can be?

Is something missing? Is there something on other forums that we should have here? Are there software or other problems here?

Please vote in the poll above and if you have voted critically let me know why so I can attempt to fix any issues.

Any feedback would be appreciated as I have now got some extra time now that I can dedicate to improving the forum.

If there are any private issues please send me a PM.

Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

More bbq's or a fishing comp or 2, sorry nothing to do with the website.

:cheers:
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Nah,sites good Matt.

I agree with Chronic,a fun C+R comp would be good one weekend. Maybe we could do a weekend at the top of the Adelaide at the start of the dry on the neaps,and stay at Goat Island for the saturday night to give Kai some business? Or maybe down the Daly,finiss,plenty of options.
Most of us seem to have digital cameras, just take a photo of the fish on those measuring mats,and away we go.Fisheries would probably throw in some tags also?Just an idea
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

the site is tremendous mate...and very well moderated.

i have the odd problem having to log on twice before it accepts me...but I often have to try twice before getting a start in other areas :naughty: :naughty: ...maybe its just me.

I am very keen to attend the next BBQ as I missed the first two.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Has the person who gave the Forum a rating of "POOR" have any reasons for their assessment????????????????????
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

i liked the suggestion the other day about relocating the "members online" section to the top of the page somewhere :mrgreen:

also and automatic photo resizer like they have on hotmail would be handy, probably cost a fortune, but i recon you would see alot more pics on here if it was easier to post pics :mrgreen:

maybe a spell check for us numb nuts that aint all dat good a spellin :cry:

other then that Matt i think its a ripper forum :bow: :bow:

:cheers: harmsey
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

Matt,
Great site and its really taken off over the past few months. Good to see your hard work paying off.
What about a Information Night where we all meet up and some of the more experienced anglers from the forum spoke about fishing up this way. It appears there are a couple of guides who are members and their knowledge from just being out on the water so often is invaluable for us newbies to fishing up this way. I'd certainly be keen to get some more hands in regard to knot and rigs. Great chance to catch up and have a few beers also.

The other idea I have is to run an online comp just for a bit of fun. Its all honesty based as there is no prize at the end apart from bragging rights. A whole list of species is listed and members who fish can nominate their biggest fish for each species from each trip and the top 3 fish for each species accumulate points. Teams are nominated by the beer ya drink. I'd be happy to run it for you if you wanted it to go ahead. I've organised similar comps on a Tassie forum I'm involved with and if its supported they are a lot of fun especially when the sledging starts.

Cheers
Craig
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

As far as I am concerned, this site is great!! It is the only site I
will look at religiously, whenever i get on the internet. :bow:

The only issue I have is that it has grown so much that I can't
find enough time to read all of the posts!! :bonk:

:cheers:
Cheers!!
Moonman

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Great site Matt, I like the idea of the photo resizer as I am a total nuffi with that stuff. I reckon a knot/rig tying clinic would be great as well as how to throw a cast net properly for us novices :wink: (can't wait to see Geoff Corry's method where you don't get wet :bow: :grin: ) Keep up the good work :cheers:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Bag Limitz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Bag Limitz »

I agree with Moonman,

Great site and so much good info on the site that i seem to spend more time at work reading the FFF than doing whatever it is that i am suppost to do in my job. :???:

I also have KK problem of having to Log in twise before it recognises me but no big drama there.

But the best thing on the Site is the members :clap:
Fish'n Chick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fish'n Chick »

Matt - the site is top notch. I'm learning heaps (being new up here). Perhaps one day (in about 50 years time) I'll have something useful to add to the site!!!!! :grin:
gill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gill »

The site's briliiant, thanks Matt :bow: :bow:

Like these ideas of BBQ's and fihsing comps/trips.

Like that most people here are so helpful and don't carry on as much as they do on other furums.
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

Yeah well said Gill, there doesn't appear to be any real idiots on the site trying to cause trouble wich is awesome, just plenty of friendly banter and the occasional bottle of red by the sounds of it :bonk: Nothing wrong with expressing opinions and ideas on topics you are passionate about but some people just seem to go overboard :banghead:
Cheers
Craig
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Yeah what can I say, Matt the site is great, accessible, user friendly, fun, informative and above all free and no license required, now lets just make sure it stays that way like other things. I like the lottery idea and the barra bucks are tops too. All up the best fishing forum site that I visit by far. Keep up the good work. :clap: 8-)
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

The whole setup is tops,informative ,funnyand updated every day.Spell check is a good idea though. Keep up the good work :cheers:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water