Mary River Lagoon no luck

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Mary River Lagoon no luck

Post by b-radical »

For a start i take my hat off to you lure man who can cast cast cast and pull fish out of snaggy areas

So my once a month trip came around and finally could take the missus out on the boat, decided on a tide free area as i couldn't drop the 13 month old to the babysitters at 5:30am and go to shoal bay but thats the way it goes. i love the early starts best time of the day instead we arrived at the boat ramp at 10 o'clock with only a few trailers parked up
Made our way down stream checking the sounder and stopping at a few likely spots but no such luck even after a few lure changes the fish i was seeing on the sounder weren't interested

We stopped at Hardies Junction as i could see where the other 445 Hornet made his way through the gap the missus was keen to keep going until i said she may have to get out and push on the way back (thanks for that info Flicken4em) so after a quick F&@k that she said we threw the anchor and continued to throw lures around with only losing a couple and gaining someone else jighead.

Soon enough it was time to head back and you know prior to being a parent you never had to rush off early from fishing, id even waited to crack my first can at 13:30 just so i could keep fishing without stopping for a another beer.

So the one last stop came up which involved hopping off and going for a walk at a billabong just off the main river water not flowing much but i did score a lure which looks likes it seen a few meters of water go past

Back at the ramp at 14:30 ready to head back.

To sum it up I'm not having much luck in my last few trips but i still wanted to share the outing and a few pics, i can't be the only one not catching but i might try some different tactics next time like live bait thats what grew up doing the most and always seem to bring home a feed

unless someones stashed a banana in my boat wouldn't that be F&%$#D too

feel free to take the p..s and while you do it share some tips :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:cheers:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Mary River Lagoon no luck

Post by theodosius »

The little billabong outlet is a good spot. I always prefer dawn/dusk/night for billabongs
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

b-radical shoot me a PM. I know how tough it is with young kids and I can point you to a few spots that produce barra in the bongs during daytime.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Thanks for the info their fellas notes taken

I thought it looked like a good spot Flicken, did see one croc making his way down and around very curious. We used to fish land base shallow spots similar to this back at the Fitzroy river WA, keen to try again before it gets too cool

cheers
:cheers: