2007 FFF Awards

What's happening here, right now
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

2007 FFF Awards

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yes folks, it's time to recognise the achievements of those who make this one of the better fishing sites on the internet.

The 2007 FFF Awards

Titanic Cup
- awarded for sinking artificial reefs. To be eligible the sinkings must be done as a public service (not a secret operation) and no one must be killed or maimed during the sinking of the reef.
The Winner: BarraBeast - he sank the Mick Clancy concrete hull at Lee Point with help from 2rods and was also a key player in getting the MV Dodgy sunk at Lee Point. And he's now chafing at the bit for more. Titanic Cup runnersup - Dodgy, 2rods and the many other FFF volunteers.

Jedi Master Trophy - Awarded for overall contributions. Can include general posts, videos, good advice and importantly, new spots on the FFF sister site www.WorldFishingMap.com
The Winner: Back-Cast: Back-Cast has added a wealth of information to the World Fishing Map based on his years as a fishing guide. He's also added many videos to FFF, as well as fishing and general posts. He's also stirred the pot, with some people taking his "baits" a little too deeply. But he has crossed the line a few times ... hence his huge karma points - but now we know that was because he needed brain surgery. Or was it?
Jedi Master Trophy runnersup: too many to mention - 2rods (neck and neck with Back-Cast, and both have different approaches to the forum), blinky, harmsey, Shane and Jordan Doevy, dodgyone, flicker, BarraBeast, codfather, Jasonmcc

Christopher Colombus Trophy
- Awarded for organising a remote trip or trips with risk or logistics issues and bringing back a good story and pictures.
The winner: 2rods 2rods has been instrumental in organising successful long distance trips, culminating in the impressive Goodrich Bank expedition, and brought back some awesome pictures and stories. He is one of the great FFF site contributors, with a wealth of knowledge and a helpful word for everyone. Christopher Colombus Trophy runnersup: codfather, dodgyone, harmsey

Other award winners ...

FFF Lamb Shank Award: awarded for best bite or sting
Winner: Hawkeye, for his post about being stung and then getting a flesh eating bug from Shoal Bay

FFF Life Saver Award: awarded for best rescue
Winner: Harmsey, for his post about pulling a bloke out of Shoal Bay after his boat went off without him

FFF Exxon Valdez Award
: awarded for best boating accident
Winner: Walkabout, for his post about hitting an unlit buoy in the dark and falling out of his boat

FFF Best Boat Award
: Walkabout's boat wins this hands down - after Walkabout fell out of his boat it went all the way to Larrakeyah naval base on its own and alerted authorities while Walkabout floundered in the harbour. The boat should be renamed Skippy or Lassie

FFF Got Beer Need Petrol Award: awarded for running out of fuel at a bad time
Winner: Goldcan, who ran out of fuel not once, but twice, on two FFF Tiwi Island trips

FFF Red Wino Award: awarded for behaving badly under the influence
Winner: BEAR, for chundering in 2rods' swag. Runnerup: Geoff Corry

FFF Harbour Horses Award: awarded for catching big barramundi in Darwin Harbour (not Shoal Bay)
Winner: Justin

FFF Bluewater Award: awarded for consistent bluewater success
Winner: NightStalker

FFF Best Billfish Award: awarded for best billfish capture or consistent success on billfish
Winner: Harmsey, who pulled a black marlin on a Scorpion lure while fishing at North Gutter with his family

FFF Reds on the Rick Mills Award: awarded for a weird catch
Winner: BarraBeast for spearing a red emperor on the Rick Mills reef at Lee Point

FFF Bath Tub Award: awarded for an impressive, if risky, feat in a small boat
Winner: Dodgyone, for his trip to Flat Top Bank in an open tinny

FFF Best Post of 2007: awarded for the best post of 2007
Winner: All those who posted for the first Marie Shoal trip - these posts were much anticipated and did not disappoint

FFF Best Picture of 2007: awarded for the best picture of 2007
Winner: as yet undecided - any suggestions from members?

FFF Best Hunting Picture 2007: awarded for the best hunting picture of 2007
Winner: COOPS

Special mentions: There's been superb posts from many people - special mentions to the Pilbara crew (Jay Burgess, Daisy etc) and Dick (the barra sleuth) over at Kununurra who have added a lot of interest to our mostly NT coverage, and to BarraBeast for bringing some spearfishing interest into the forum.

PRIZES AND TROPHIES: There will be some prizes and trophies to go with the first five awards. I'll explain how to collect them later in the week.

MISSING AWARDS? Have I missed a great achievement or blunder for 2007? Or is there an unsung high achiever? Let me know and I will add an award.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

........................Thank's Matt, It has Been fun this year, I'm learning Heap's and i think i get just as much from here if not more than i've Contributed, Plus i get to Know all the great members, I think this the best Fishing forum online, and it's everyone who is on here that makes it, a forum is only as good as its members/contributors and everyone on here contributes great pictures, humour, and stories of their catches and lives, you should be getting a prize as well

......................... Thank's again, Merry Christmas ........ Jason.....Image

Image..............Image...............Image................Image...............Image...............Image...............Image...............Image
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Congratulations to those award winners.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You blokes are the corner stone of this site and help make it 1 of the best around... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Look forward to lots more in 2008..well done Matt... :drinking3: :drinking3: :drinking3: :drinking3: :drinking3:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Well done Guys :drinking1: , But I think the biggest award should rest with you Matt for bringing such a great forum to life and supporting the rec fisherman of Australia :clap: :applause: :bow:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
noundz

Post by noundz »

Well done to the winners :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause: 8-) 8-)

And well done to every one who contributes to the forum :applause: :mrgreen:

How 'bout a biggest Barra for the year award :mrgreen: To keep BC happy we could divide it into two sections. One for biggest "lure" caught Barra and one for biggest "live bait" Barra caught :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I think "released" would win "quickest member to get kicked off award" :rofl: :rofl: And Harmsey "most scathing tongue" :rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note, truly well done to every one :mrgreen: :applause: :clap: 8-)
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Great idea Matt and well done to the winners! Another great year of FFF - it just keeps getting bigger and better!

Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year to all!

:drinking8: :drinking8: :drinking8:

Jimmy
Cheers,
Stuch.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Just added three more awards to the original post - Bluewater (NightStalker), Bath Tub (dodgyone) and Billfish (harmsey).
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

what about some age category award winners??

The Bandit would get my vote for the under 25's andf Jords would win the Junior clas sby a country mile.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

FF Best Boat Award: Walkabout's boat wins this hands down - after Walkabout fell out of his boat it went all the way to Larrakeyah naval base on its own and alerted authorities while Walkabout floundered in the harbour. The boat should be renamed Skippy or Lassie

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

p1ssed meself
Regards Dick
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

dunno about best photo but its just about the worst!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Stuch.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

I'd vote for that one. :rofl: :rofl:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

with all that dried fruit (sultanas, raisin, dried plums etc) hanging from chronics shorts he would never ahving to worry about starving in an emergency!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Best pic

this one has to come close

http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=10463
Regards Dick
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Dick wrote:Best pic

this one has to come close

http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=10463
Hey? The bloke in the second pic? Could of at least combed his hair first. :rofl: :rofl:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Three days of grovelling on a boat and you want neat hair :bonk: :grin:
Regards Dick