Does Darwin need a multi-ramp boat park?

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

Does Darwin need a multi-ramp boat park?

Yes
81%
Not sure
4%
No
14%

Total votes: 69

Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Does Darwin need a multi-ramp boat park?

Post by Scotty69 »

untie the tenders......they'll get the message eventually.

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Scotty69 wrote:untie the tenders......they'll get the message eventually.
Dont even joke about that poop. :evil:

If you interfere with someone elses stuff, you are no better than the arseholes who break into cars and houses.
If it is not yours , DONT TOUCH IT! :evil:

If it bothers you so much, get off your lazy arse and report it in writing to the appropriate authorities
Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty69 »

Sorry nomad, I was taking the p..s.
Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty69 »

We shouldn't have to report to the authorities. They should do the right thing, it's called common courtesy.

The other week at Dina when I was retrieving solo, I witnessed one of these tender owners park his car ON THE RAMP, halfway down, and row his tender over to his yacht to retrieve something. He was parked on there for the whole time I went to get my car, retrieve, pack-up and tie down. Still there when I left. No doubt he tied his tender back onto the pontoon and went home or where ever for how long?

So what is the answer to these ignorant pr..ks that ignore this? Dob in to the authorities that will do nothing anyway? What are they going to do? There is no identification or registration number to trace the culprit and "fine" them and they certainly won't sit and wait for him to turn up for days (and nights) on end.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

No worries. I should have realised it was a p..s take. just a cranky old pr..k these days - ive had too much stuff stolen and interfered with up here in 15 years compared to one theft in the previous 35 years elsewhere

I spoke with the harbour master about this and the vessels moored in the marked channel. he said it wasn't their responsibility (but Hows this - its legal to moor in the channel but you cant drop an anchor?)

I think it was the dept of infrastructure that looks after the ramp and its use. he said they needed written complaints to act on it.
so I speared one off - that was ages ago

to be honest, they don't bother me. but in not in a rush these days
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

The tenders are most annoying at low tide when they take up the 3m of remaining pontoon. As for mooring in the channel, that's ridiculous too. The whole creek is a mess, unkempt yachts slowly rotting, pontoons and trawlers smashing up the mangroves, regular fine oil slick around the creek. Nomad, who do I write to at the dept of infrastructure?
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Just spoke to a contact with Dept of Infrastructure and they erected the ‘no mooring’ signs but there is no legislative power for them to enforce it – basically a bluff. (they don’t even have funding for extra lighting)
She was aware that the tenders are causing a problem but she thought that mooring on the opposite side of the pontoon to the ramp was ok. I explained to her why that is also a problem.
Remember that they are public servants and may not be aware of all the problems we face

She said that a modification to the end of the pontoon is being considered, either a T or L extension. But they would like input from the public – ie US

But the $ will come from Fisheries.
Like all govt spending, it’s on a needs basis – the louder the noisy when the more action it will get.

Initial contact is [email protected]

But, the best path in any Govt issue is to make direct contact with the Fisheries Minister – in writing
You need to know that the best way to get in contact with anyone at the NT govt is to call the switch and they will put you thru (eventually) to the right person
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

There was a pretty large steel boat up in the mangroves yesterday. Must of broke off its moorings. Wasn't there Thursday when I left ( I dont think, it was dark)
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

:idea: The old Perkins site would make a great boat ramp / storage. Half is up for lease at the moment with a slip/ramp already there and can be used nearly all tide.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.